Aaron Williams position

RCOHEN13

Yes - I LOVE!!!! that we have intelligent guys as our Coordinators now! Wannstedt was so frustrating - he was so stubborn, and I have to conclude also ignorant, unless he was getting paid to lose. Pettine is innovative. He's results oriented. Instead of resisting change, he incorporates it. It's awesome that we have guys like A. Williams who can be used as a 3rd CB OR Safety - and guys like Scott who can be a LB OR Safety, and Mario - an OLB OR DE. Heck, even Dareus, Williams, Branch, and Carrington can be DT's or DE's. A creative minded coach should be able to really conceal plays with our alignments; I've been thinking, as much as I didn't like it, our flip flopping from 3-4 to 4-3 and back these past few years might have left us with a very good roster for Pettine's designs.

I am excited to see what Pettine can do. However, I don't want to drink this kool aid so fast. Pettine while was the DC did not even call the plays...That was left to Rex Ryan. There is enough talent on this team, but the coaching staff has not been able to bring them together...I am still concerned about that front four that has been so leaky against the run. I hope that is the foremost issue in Pettine's mind. This team will go as far as the run-stopping goes.