This is our ticket - Vikings trade-down

Because the same goes for the Vikings. They can stay put and draft Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen AND Aaron Dobson. No way they give up that many picks for Patterson. Austin.....maybe, but I won't believe it til it happens.

Original thread btw. Nice thinking.

I just watched Gruden's QB camp on Bray and they showed Hunter dropping balls all over the place. He did not look good. Didn't look sudden. Didn't catch with his hands. Not impressive.

I was thinking about this a little more (and I'll be transparent I've been the one posting that I really like the idea of us trading back to 23) and thought it would be interesting to look at who picks between 8 and 23 that we would be worried about taking a QB. Here is what I came up with:

9) NYJ - Could easily pick a QB if they have decided Sanchez is not the man.

10) TEN - Could easily pick a QB if they have decided Locker is not the man.

11) SD - Have Phillip Rivers, likely wouldn't pick one.

12) MIA - Drafted Tannehill last year, won't pick one here.

13) TB - Could easily pick a QB if they have decided Freeman is not the man.

14) CAR - Cam Newton, enough said.

15) NO - Drew Brees, yeah....

16) STL - Sam Bradford, they won't draft one.

17) PIT - Ben Roethlisberger, they won't draft one.

18) DAL - Tony Romo, did you see the deal they just gave him?

19) NYG - Eli Manning, yeah...

20) CHI - Could easily pick a QB.....Cutler is in last year of his contract.

21) CIN - Andy Dalton, I personally don't think they would draft one, but there have been rumors about them not being too happy with Dalton (I live in Cincinnati so I hear a lot more of it)

22) STL - See above comment

In fact the next logical team to take a QB would seem to be Jacksonville at 33, which would mean they would have to trade up at least 11 spots to get ahead of us for a QB if we made this trade.

I guess my only point from all of this is that I'm not all that concerned with any QB's being taken before the end of round 1 unless its us or another team that has to move up quite a bit.

On top of the adjustments above(red)....Jags 33, Eagles 35, Cardinals 38, Jets 39, Titans 40.....could all easily trade up from the 2nd into the 20-22 range. It would likely cost an extra low 2nd or a 3rd round pick for them to do this.

If there were only one or two QBs who you rate as solid prospects left when the #8 pick comes......you couldn't risk the trade down.

Edited by Dibs

Vikes wont give up 2 first . 1 first and a 2nd would be more likely. Then use the 2 firsts to trade back to top of 2nd and grab Nassib or Barkley.

Im leaning toward just taking Barkley at 8, Staff seem to love him and Nix said himself he thinks theres 2 franchise QB's in this draft. Why risk missing out on them?

http://profootballta...in-first-round/

Viking want to move down in the first road to take a WR for losing Percy Harvin (Patterson, Austin).

We pick up their 23rd or 25th and also gain another pick in the 2nd round to help them move up at least 15 spots.

Pick up our quarterback here and possibly our WR and LB in the 2nd that could possibly be starters. If our WR or LB is there that we wanted to get rid of we take a TE.

Thoughts???

We get both their first and get;

OL Justin Pugh

NT Jessie Williams