It keeps pulling me back IN!

So I try to take a "break" from football after that disappointing finish to the season last weekend. But like any junkie, I just can't stay away. So I watch yesterday's games and think that IF the Bills had decided to show up against the Steelers last weekend, they could have advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs. And that's where I have the problem. I read Coy Wire's comments about how some players weren't taking the Steelers game as seriously as they should have been, and that REALLY burned me up. Then I read that the missed 28-yard FG by Lindell (who I've supported in the past, but has proven that he needs to go) demoralized the team. WTF?! They were still up by 1 point and playing the Steelers' 3rd stringers. Yet the amazing defense (who contrary to popular belief hadn't been on the field longer than they'd been off it UNTIL that shameful 9 minute drive) allowed the Steelers' 3rd stringers to tack-on another 6 points, which was 1 more than the margin of victory (i.e. without them the Steelers would have lost by a point). Add-in the poor play on offense ALL AROUND and the lousy play-calling by the coaches and this team AS A WHOLE was NOT prepared to play last weekend, and that's what I really can't get over. I really thought they were headed for good things, but that loss really ended the season on a bad note. I hope they build on it, but like with JP, I'm finding myself skeptical now and needing to be shown proof that this team will actually be good.

But of course next year I'll still watch. Can anyone tell me why I keep doing this to myself? Because I'm an idiot. Oh yeah, that's right. <_<

I'm pulling for Indy all the way. Sure they layed down against the Broncs, but that would only have bothered me if it affected the Bills in anyway, which it didn't thanks to the Jets losing last weekend and the Bills choking. So if they win, they face the Pats, who they can beat now that the Pats are playing practice squadders in their secondary. And the Steelers' fans are WAY too obnoxious for me to want to see them make the SB, because whoever makes it from the AFC will win it, and they'll become even MORE obnoxious than ever. So it's Indy for me.

I'm pulling for Indy all the way.  Sure they layed down against the Broncs, but that would only have bothered me if it affected the Bills in anyway, which it didn't thanks to the Jets losing last weekend and the Bills choking.  So if they win, they face the Pats, who they can beat now that the Pats are playing practice squadders in their secondary.  And the Steelers' fans are WAY too obnoxious for me to want to see them make the SB, because whoever makes it from the AFC will win it, and they'll become even MORE obnoxious than ever.  So it's Indy for me.

199146[/snapback]

OK, I'll root for Indy.

Speaking of torn - Denver and Indy?

Root against Indy for laying off of Denver last week?

Root for Indy because of their possible ability to slap the Patsies if they meet?

What to do?... :)

199142[/snapback]

Root for Indy.

So I try to take a "break" from football after that disappointing finish to the season last weekend.  But like any junkie, I just can't stay away.  So I watch yesterday's games and think that IF the Bills had decided to show up against the Steelers last weekend, they could have advanced to the 2nd round of the playoffs.  And that's where I have the problem.  I read Coy Wire's comments about how some players weren't taking the Steelers game as seriously as they should have been, and that REALLY burned me up.  Then I read that the missed 28-yard FG by Lindell (who I've supported in the past, but has proven that he needs to go) demoralized the team.  WTF?!  They were still up by 1 point and playing the Steelers' 3rd stringers.  Yet the amazing defense (who contrary to popular belief hadn't been on the field longer than they'd been off it UNTIL that shameful 9 minute drive) allowed the Steelers' 3rd stringers to tack-on another 6 points, which was 1 more than the margin of victory (i.e. without them the Steelers would have lost by a point).  Add-in the poor play on offense ALL AROUND and the lousy play-calling by the coaches and this team AS A WHOLE was NOT prepared to play last weekend, and that's what I really can't get over.  I really thought they were headed for good things, but that loss really ended the season on a bad note.  I hope they build on it, but like with JP, I'm finding myself skeptical now and needing to be shown proof that this team will actually be good.

But of course next year I'll still watch.  Can anyone tell me why I keep doing this to myself?  Because I'm an idiot.  Oh yeah, that's right. :lol:

199112[/snapback]

Great post! This was a total team loss, from coaching, to offense, to defense (the nine minute drive), to special teams (missed FG, fumbled punt).

Great post! This was a total team loss, from coaching, to offense, to defense (the nine minute drive), to special teams (missed FG, fumbled punt).

199941[/snapback]

Did anyone see what Jimbo said about the play calling in the Steelers game? He basically said that it was way too conservative and they should have taken shots down the field.

I agree with that AND him saying they should have mixed-in a little no huddle. Seems like not only the players, but the coaches took this game lightly, and that's what still infuriates me. I still cannot accept that the Bills' starters couldn't beat the Steelers' backups at home, except that they thought it would be a cakewalk, but that's another indictment of the team altogether. And to blame ONE individual is ridiculous. But I guess it's the easy thing to do.