crazy trade thought - trade Stevie

Not sure you would get much for Stevie. Don't get me wrong, I like him, but on the majority of teams, if not all, he would be a #2 or the slot receiver. At his salary, not sure many teams would pay that for the slot position. He is making about $7.25 million annually, all Welker (the best slot receiver, maybe ever) had to struggle to get 6 million a year. I say keep him, especially since he is only real receiver on the entire roster, not worth trading.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we only have a handful of good players worth keeping as it is (spiller, freddy, wood, stevie, cordy glen, Byrd, Mario, kyle, dareus, Gilmore).

I guess everyone is technically available.....I just doubt anyone would offer enough for me to say yes.

Why would you put Freddy on that list? Is it sentimental, or you still think he's got enough left in the tank? I love the guy, but I can't imagine we'd get an picks for a 32 year old with a 3.7 mil cap hit. Before FA started, I thought it was a decent contract, but after seeing Bush and Jackson set the market with 4 mil a year deals for starters, I think Freddy's grossly overpaid.