Pettines Defense

3rdand12

As long as Mario is rushing the passer on every passing down and is never in coverage, I think he will be happy.

As for the 1st round draft pick, the Bills need to pick Moore or Werner if they fall to us regardless of the QB situation. A 4-3 base DL of Moore/Werner - Dareus - KW - MW would be the best in the NFL when all four are healthy. Jones, Mingo, and Howard are also very intriguing as rush LB's and would be worth the 8th pick if the Bills are confident that they can land their preferred QB in the 2nd round.

Marc thats a nice breakdown for us.

Using Mario like JJ watt might be well served.

I see Kelsay retiring and S.Johnson moving on.

There IS some great def talent early but there is alot of depth of it too i have read.

We already have a couple dedicated pass rushers that cannot play the run well in Anderson and Moore and Mario.

Mario has the most position flexibility i think.

May not sound splashy but i think we need to consider the NT postion and the 3 down linebacker as priorities on defense.

The LB should be the early pick and the NT can be found elsewhere (I'm guessing and i better start looking at that ).

I think we keep Anderson because we have everything to gain while he is under contract.

Can Mingo be the 3 down linebacker ? Could he cover under routes, under the right tutelage ?

and the point about Pettine being attracted due to our players having enough versatility ?

It's certainly possible. Or maybe this guy has great confidence and loves a challenge. :doh:

I got your humor mrags, all is not lost.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic