Obama & JP Morgan's Food Stamp Empire

quote: “This business is a very important business to JP Morgan,” Christopher Paton, the company’s managing director of treasury services, told Bloomberg News in 2011. “It’s an important business in terms of its size and scale. We also regard it as very important in the sense that we are delivering a very useful social function. We are a key part of this benefit delivery mechanism. Right now volumes have gone through the roof in the past couple of years or so … The good news from JP Morgan’s perspective is the infrastructure that we built has been able to cope with that increase in volume.”

http://www.thedailyb...amp-empire.html

Personally I'd like to see more people starving & less bank involvement profiting off of government crony capitalism. Food stamps? Come on get off your couch and work. Starvation is a good motivator.

quote: “This business is a very important business to JP Morgan,” Christopher Paton, the company’s managing director of treasury services, told Bloomberg News in 2011. “It’s an important business in terms of its size and scale. We also regard it as very important in the sense that we are delivering a very useful social function. We are a key part of this benefit delivery mechanism. Right now volumes have gone through the roof in the past couple of years or so … The good news from JP Morgan’s perspective is the infrastructure that we built has been able to cope with that increase in volume.”

Personally I'd like to see more people starving & less bank involvement profiting off of government crony capitalism. Food stamps? Come on get off your couch and work. Starvation is a good motivator.

Private compaines used as a TPA for Government services is not new... the post office has been doing it for years....

The video half was through the comments is a riot... I am so glad I don't live like that, its sad

Ya, elementary school kids are going to run out and get a job so they can eat. My wife is in elementary school's from poor neighborhoods, some of those kids would not get a meal that day if not for the school lunch programs. A kid cant concentrate on learning when they have gnawing hunger. Not all programs are bad.

....some of those kids would not get a meal that day if not for the school lunch programs. A kid cant concentrate on learning when they have gnawing hunger. Not all programs are bad.

is the food stamp program somehow tied to the school lunch program in San Diego? I often wonder about arguements such as this, because if the families get food stamps, then why is it that their childrens' only oppotrunity to get a nourishing meal is at the school?

is the food stamp program somehow tied to the school lunch program in San Diego? I often wonder about arguements such as this, because if the families get food stamps, then why is it that their childrens' only oppotrunity to get a nourishing meal is at the school?

They are not connected as far as I know. The article talked about both the food stamp and the school lunch program. I was commenting on the school lunch program.

They are not connected as far as I know. The article talked about both the food stamp and the school lunch program. I was commenting on the school lunch program.

I think any kid who can't bring their own lunch or pay for, must be forced to wash dishes & clean the school. It was Newt Gingrich's idea.