Lance Armstrong Interview on Oprah Jan-17

truth on hold

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, me too. I never cared about that sport, but I found myself getting angry. I can't imagine the people who idolized him and stuck up for him--how they must feel.

Watching it last night, I got the impression that he's far more smug than contrite. The thing that pissed me off the most was how viciously he attacked some of his former colleagues when they told the truth, including lawsuits and personal attacks. When he admitted calling that one woman crazy, he was laughing as he recounted it. How do you laugh about that? That was probably devastating to that woman to be discredited publicly by mister superstar bicycle pants.

He's very casual about it all. He's talking now because he got pushed into a corner. This is all he can do at this point. I don't think he cares about the damage he's caused. I don't think he even understands the extent of it.

I think the man's a sociopath.

I want to say to Lance and every person who plays a game and feels the need to cheat to win: The truth is important. Sportsmanship is important. Dignity and respect are important. You are not important.

Do you think his former teamates told the truth because they were being contrite? I don't for one second. Its not like Tyler Hamilton and Frankie Andreau were completely clean until Armstrong forced them at gunpoint to dope up. Lets not act like they deserves a medal for being so brave to stand up and accuse Armstrong - after being caught themselves. Every single one of them is flawed in this. They each made a choice to use PED's to stay relevant. When they got caught they should have stood up and took the punishment for it. As far as Lance attacking them, who cast the first stone? It certainly wasn't Lance!