Going for it vs. kicking

Another ridiculous post by you.  Belichek would've kicked because he would've been POSITIVE that Vinatieri would make it, and that his defense would hold 9 times out of 10.

195017[/snapback]

Coach Tuesday is right - Belichick does devour this kind of stuff. He read an extensive study of these types of decisions and what happened afterwards and incorporated it into his thinking. He goes for it more often than most coaches on 4th down, and it was that study that convinced him that teams try FG's and punts too often when they should be going for it - simply misestimation of risk versus reward in the end.

The idea that Belichick would go for it because he "has balls" is probably something Bill himself would refute given the quote below. He is all about playing the percentages based on the strengths and weaknesses that he perceives his team has.

Here's his famous quote on swagger from "Patriot Reign."

Belichick doesn't buy the canned and cliché stuff you hear in the press all the time. As the Patriots struggled trying to repeat as champs in 2002, he read in the paper one day that one of players said the team had to get its "swagger'' back. That day, in the team meeting, he said: "You know what? We didn't have a 'swagger' last year. What we had was a sense of urgency about playing well, being smart, and capitalizing on every opportunity and situation that came our way ... It wasn't about a f------- swagger. You can take that swagger and shove it right up your a--, OK?''

Kicking it in my opinion was the right choice. Kick it, up 4. Stop them, get into field goal range again, you're up a touchdown. Who knew lindell was going to miss a chip shot? Who knew the defense didnt come to play? Field goal was what i was expecting and hoping for at that time, in fact, i went to the bathroom when i heard they were going to kick the field goal because i thought we were going to make those 3 points for sure.