[closed]Doug Marrone by the numbers

Got this from another forum and posted this in another thread but for people wanting to see his numbers as a coach in the NFL. not bad numbers at all.

CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:

Syracuse Orange Head Football Coach · Syracuse, New York · Dec 12, 2008 to 1/5/13

• 2010 American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) Region 1 Coach of the Year.

• 2010 Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year finalist.

• In 2010, led the Orange to the inaugural New Era Pinstripe Bowl Championship.

• Named 'America's Friendliest College Football Coach' by ESPN the Magazine.

• In his second year, Syracuse continued its ascent in the national statistical rankings, including total defense (7th from 37th), pass defense (10th from 85th), pass efficiency (14th from 113th), scoring defense (13th from 81st), and first downs allowed (12th from 27th), interceptions thrown (13th from 84th)

•The 2009 Orange improved in the national statistical rankings in third down defense (28th from 117th), first downs allowed (27th from 104th), rush defense (13th from 101st), total defense (37th from 114th), tackles for loss (15th from 104th) and sacks (6th from 100th).

New Orleans Saints Offensive Coordinator · 2006 to 2008

• In his three seasons, the Saints threw 1,232 passes and surrendered only 39 sacks.

• In 2008, the team led the NFL in total offense (410.7 yards per game) and passing offense (311.1 yards per game).

• In 2007, the Saints ranked first in red zone touchdown percentage (.720, 36 of 50), led the NFC in third-down conversions (46.3) and notched 346 first downs.

• In 2007, set an NFL record with 440 completions, and also set team all-time highs for passing first downs (222), attempts (652), touchdown passes (28) and completion percentage (67.5).

• In 2007, allowed the fewest sacks in the league (16), an average of one per 41 attempted.

• In 2006, led NFL in total offense and set a team record with an NFL-leading 6,264 yards.

• In 2006, set club records with 330 first downs, an average of 5.8 yards per play and 4,503 passing yards.

• In 2006, only team in the NFL with four players with more than 650 receiving yards.

New York Jets Offensive Line Coach · 2002 to 2005

• While with the Jets, the Jets played in four playoff games (two in 2002 and a pair in 2004).

• In 2004, the club finished third in the NFL in rushing yards (2,388) and second in rushing first downs (135). • In 2004, the offense posted one of the highest rushing averages (4.5) in club history and had the NFL’s leading rusher (Curtis Martin, 1,697 yards).

• In 2003, the offense averaged 5.3 yards per play and 4.0 yards per rushing attempt.

• In 2002 the line led the way for the offense to rush for 1,618 yards.

University of Tennessee (Memphis) Tight Ends/Tackles Coach · In 2001

• Volunteers won the Florida Citrus Bowl with a 45-17 victory against Michigan.

• Fifth-ranked UT beat No. 2 Florida, 34-32, in Gainesville in the final regular season game.

• Helped earn the team a spot in the SEC championship game.
Edited by buffalo1983

The split second I found out that Russ Brandon was promoted to President/CEO of the Buffalo Bills I knew that Chan Gailey was gone and SU Orange football head coach Doug Marrone was a likely successor.

I knew this because like myself, Russ Brandon is from Syracuse, New York.

The hiring of Doug Marrone is nothing more than a regionalization of the Buffalo Bills football team in CNY.

Marrone was only 25-25 in his career at the 'Cuse.

Finally I get to see a SU football presence on the Buffalo Bills but that's likely all this will ever amount to. Even if Marrone drafts SU Orange quarterback Ryan Nassib in the NFL draft.

The hiring of Doug Marrone is nothing more than a regionalization of the Buffalo Bills football team in CNY.

Marrone was only 25-25 in his career at the 'Cuse.

Yes because Brandon realizes that it'll be easier selling a few more tickets in the mighty Syracuse-Utica-Rome market by hiring the Syracuse head coach than it will be by winning more games with a more-qualified person.

Another pearl Howard.

Ask any non SU graduate here in Syracuse - they'll say the same thing. Russ Brandon was in the MARKETING of the Buffalo Bills. He's from here in Syracuse.

Doug Marrone was never that good of a football coach.

Having said that, I'm glad that the Bills selected Marrone, simply because of the Syracuse relationship. I've been biching for years for the Bills to select SU football players. Now we have the SU coach!

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.