Coach Rules

Does anyone think there should be a rule that prohibits teams from talking to potential coaches until after the superbowl. If we really wanted a guy like McCoy, for example, the hiring of him is delayed along with the coordinators and assistant coaches. Its not too off base in the way it is done today, but it just seems like a pretty easy fix.

Does anyone think there should be a rule that prohibits teams from talking to potential coaches until after the superbowl.

I believe that's already the case, unless their current front office says it's okay for them to be interviewed.

I believe that's already the case, unless their current front office says it's okay for them to be interviewed.

I think he's saying that there should be a total moratorium on talking to and hiring HC candidates, not just those who are involved in the playoffs. It certainly does prevent a team from waiting for a hot shot coordinator from a Super Bowl team as it hinders the hiring of their assistants. Is it unfair to those coordinators? Maybe. But I can't see a team losing a month of preparation because they have no head coach ... Unless it was their decision to wait for one of those coordinators. I can't see the NFL making teams go without coaches ...

exactly

theres a ton a new coach needs to be doing while other teams are in the playoffs. to force teams without a coach to wait that whole time would be yet another huge disadvantage for a team trying to recover ground they already are down to the good teams

i can see why there would be some advantages to making everybody wait until the playoffs are over, but the disadvantage to teams without a coach is just too huge to allow that to happen