Call for higher level of discourse on prospects

Ramius

I know this request is like asking a bunch of 4 year olds to act like adults, but here goes.

I'd like to see a higher level of discourse on the board, specifically relating to player analyses and breakdowns. There's entirely too many threads of posters simply saying "my guy is awesome and will be the franchise," and "your guy sucks," especially in relation to the QBs. If you'd like to do a reasonable write-up on a prospect that includes both the Pros and Cons to lead a discussion, that would be greatly appreciated and encouraged. I myself will be doing some write ups on some of the FSU draft eligible players in the next few weeks or so. It'd be great to frame the discussion with something like, "Why you SHOULD draft player X" and "Why you SHOULDN'T draft player X" in the same thread.

For example, the thread on Chase Thomas is a great way to discuss a prospect and state why you like them so much. The poster was enthusiastic and included some potential negatives at the next level, and didn't force his opinion down everyone's throats.

Conversely, the 65 Landry Jones threads are exactly the behavior I'd like to discourage around here. There's no framing or arguments, it's nothing more than raw emotion and "my guy's is better than yours" drivel.

Thanks!

Guest ieatcrayonz

I know this request is like asking a bunch of 4 year olds to act like adults, but here goes.

I'd like to see a higher level of discourse on the board, specifically relating to player analyses and breakdowns. There's entirely too many threads of posters simply saying "my guy is awesome and will be the franchise," and "your guy sucks," especially in relation to the QBs. If you'd like to do a reasonable write-up on a prospect that includes both the Pros and Cons to lead a discussion, that would be greatly appreciated and encouraged. I myself will be doing some write ups on some of the FSU draft eligible players in the next few weeks or so. It'd be great to frame the discussion with something like, "Why you SHOULD draft player X" and "Why you SHOULDN'T draft player X" in the same thread.

For example, the thread on Chase Thomas is a great way to discuss a prospect and state why you like them so much. The poster was enthusiastic and included some potential negatives at the next level, and didn't force his opinion down everyone's throats.

Conversely, the 65 Landry Jones threads are exactly the behavior I'd like to discourage around here. There's no framing or arguments, it's nothing more than raw emotion and "my guy's is better than yours" drivel.

Thanks!

Want some cheese with that whine?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.