Why isnt June Jones ever an NFL coaching candidate?

Max997

and now teams are catching up with the spread and getting back to more physical football :thumbsup:

I am all for that

Was just thinking with way game has changed and current state of NFL head coaches being what it is surprised someone doesn't give him a shot

I'm watching the SMU vs Fresno St bowl game today and made me wonder why June Jones doesnt get mentioned as a potential head coach in the NFL. With the Spread offense which is basically the Run and Shoot becoming the norm and with his previous NFL coaching experience you would think he would at least get a look.

Im not suggesting the Bills should go after him but I'm surprised his name never seems to come up. He has previous NFL coaching experience and has done well as a head coach in college with success at Hawaii which is next to impossible and now at SMU

His teams may have looked good in training camp. But how did they look late in the year? How did they look in the playoffs?

I want a coach whose teams look good in January. You seem to want a coach whose teams look good in June! :P

I'm watching the SMU vs Fresno St bowl game today and made me wonder why June Jones doesnt get mentioned as a potential head coach in the NFL. With the Spread offense which is basically the Run and Shoot becoming the norm and with his previous NFL coaching experience you would think he would at least get a look.

Im not suggesting the Bills should go after him but I'm surprised his name never seems to come up. He has previous NFL coaching experience and has done well as a head coach in college with success at Hawaii which is next to impossible and now at SMU

His previous NFL experience rang him up with a 22-36 record.