Has Wannstadt done enough to fix the D to remain DC next year, or shou

Big Turk

I have to admit I was as disappointed as anybody in the D's performance for much of the first half of the season, but the D really seems to be coming together since the bye.

In the last 6 games since the bye, the Bills have allowed only 85 yards per game rushing and 3.2 YPC, one of the better totals in the NFL during that time, likely top 3(78.4 yards per game and 3.1 YPC in the last 5 games ranks 2nd in the NFL and tied for 1st respectively). Also during the last 5 games, the D has only allowed an average of 272.8 yards per game, which ranks second to Pittsburgh in the NFL.

Wannstadt has seemingly made some changes to the way he has done things, blitzing more often and playing more man to man coverage. The D Line seems to be stuffing the run very well, and the Bills have had 41 run stops behind the line of scrimmage during this time frame, ranking 6th in the NFL and 1st in the AFC.

Its obvious the guys are getting more comfortable in his system, and I think with more time in the system and with a few better players, especially at LB and perhaps a CB opposite Gilmore, this D could really be something special. I do not think Wanstadt should be fired anymore during the offseason, as I think his system is finally working the way it should hve been, it just seems like there was a longer adjustment period for the D than we may have thought coming into the year, and now once they have adjusted they are playing some really good football.

I think with a QB that can open things up for the offense by throwing downfield, a few LB's and another WR to compliment Stevie, this team could be one of the better teams in the NFL next year...again that's a big if, with QB being the most important positional upgrade...