The 2013 WR's: Money In The Banana Stand

Astrobot

http://bit.ly/UrffOo

"Money in the Banana Stand" is a blog I read religiously. They made great predictions in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 players by leveling the playing field to compare players. This article is about WR's. They looked at:

---perspective relative to the offense in which the player exists

---players that have continually gotten better within the context of their offense across two seasons

---performance within the context of their program/conference

They like Terrance Williams (Sr.), Jordan Matthews (Jr.), DeAndre Hopkins (Jr.), Keenan Allen (Jr.), and Cobi Hamilton (Sr.), and Tavon Austin the most, in that order.

Terrance Williams is a RD1 pick for sure. He's the Blackmon in this class.

I have Hamilton in RD3, as he has only 2 TD in his last 13 SEC games, zero this year.

I don't think the Jr.'s will come out except Jordan Matthews, currently in my RD2 range. He's Vandy's offense, and may want a bigger stage. Seven of his 9 games, he's had at least 75 receiving yards.

Tavon Austin is currently at #45 on my board, and you know Nix likes waterbugs. I think he'd be a mistake as a RD2 pick, though, as his 3 year downward trend in yards/catch, his slight stature, and the tendency for waterbugs going over the middle is slim.

My feeling is that we're going to draft WR at or later than RD4, so guys like Wheaton, Abbrederis, and Patton, and Marcus Sales would be more likely.

http://bit.ly/UrffOo

"Money in the Banana Stand" is a blog I read religiously. They made great predictions in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 players by leveling the playing field to compare players. This article is about WR's. They looked at:

---perspective relative to the offense in which the player exists

---players that have continually gotten better within the context of their offense across two seasons

---performance within the context of their program/conference

They like Terrance Williams (Sr.), Jordan Matthews (Jr.), DeAndre Hopkins (Jr.), Keenan Allen (Jr.), and Cobi Hamilton (Sr.), and Tavon Austin the most, in that order.

Terrance Williams is a RD1 pick for sure. He's the Blackmon in this class.

I have Hamilton in RD3, as he has only 2 TD in his last 13 SEC games, zero this year.

I don't think the Jr.'s will come out except Jordan Matthews, currently in my RD2 range. He's Vandy's offense, and may want a bigger stage. Seven of his 9 games, he's had at least 75 receiving yards.

Tavon Austin is currently at #45 on my board, and you know Nix likes waterbugs. I think he'd be a mistake as a RD2 pick, though, as his 3 year downward trend in yards/catch, his slight stature, and the tendency for waterbugs going over the middle is slim.

My feeling is that we're going to draft WR at or later than RD4, so guys like Wheaton, Abbrederis, and Patton, and Marcus Sales would be more likely.

Yep time to get some better WRs around Here, Hamilton has talent for sure and looked good yesterday against LSU, but if some how we got Austin on this team that would be pretty sick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.