Graham had to have run the wrong route...

Dragonborn10

Dude come on. How can you say it was a bad play call when 2 guys were open underneath? That is so illogical. What was clearly a timing route to TJ requires a throw to where the receiver will be. If TJ runs the correct route then that makes 3 players who got open with 20 seconds left. TJ's head is not in the game and that play is on him. Hopefully TJ responds positively to this and is able to step his game up. The team needs him to do so as soon as possible. Big boy football requires supreme discipline.

It's not illogical if TJ was the primary target on that play call, which i assume he was since Fitz was locked on him the entire play. That's a bad play call period in that situation. I know Gailey's trying to fool the defense and go to an underused guy or whatever but in that situation they still have to go the proven guys like SJ or CJ, who were both open.

Like i said it's different if there is only five seconds left or whatever but with time left the secondary routes are open you throw it to them

Edited by Zulu Cthulhu

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So why do we design the most important play of the game to go to Graham when he has a history of bad reads? All I saw was three Pats and Graham. Sure looks like Fitz threw to a spot and Graham was not there . Kind of a dangerolus call in the middle of the field.

I am upset that we played that entire last series with Spiller lined up wide and with an empty backfield. That alignment takes away the threat of a draw, a screen, or outlet pass to Spiller isolated on a LB.

Spiller can score from anywhere in the field but he has to have the ball.

Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!

Couldn't agree more.

It's not illogical if TJ was the primary target on that play call, which i assume he was since Fitz was locked on him the entire play. That's a bad play call period in that situation. I know Gailey's trying to fool the defense and go to an underused guy or whatever but in that situation they still have to go the proven guys like SJ or CJ, who were both open.

Like i said it's different if there is only five seconds left or whatever but with time left the secondary routes are open you throw it to them

Fitz looked off the safety for at least a full Mississippi. Also, plays have progressions, which are dictated by where specific defensive players are and what coverage call the QB perceives them to be in. Are you saying that if Fitz connects with one of the underneath receivers that it would then be the right play call?

Fitz looked off the safety for at least a full Mississippi. Also, plays have progressions, which are dictated by where specific defensive players are and what coverage call the QB perceives them to be in. Are you saying that if Fitz connects with one of the underneath receivers that it would then be the right play call?

I didnt see him look him off at all but i trust you. And no, if he connected on a secondary or tertiary read i still dont think it would be a good play call. That's the point. I don't think that play at that time was a good call period. Doesn't matter that the secondary receivers were able to get open.

Yes underneath to the sideline is the right play at that point in time.

Or the wide open Spiller for example.

I didnt see him look him off at all but i trust you. And no, if he connected on a secondary or tertiary read i still dont think it would be a good play call. That's the point. I don't think that play at that time was a good call period. Doesn't matter that the secondary receivers were able to get open.

Are you saying that it is a bad play call even if the receivers are open? How do you know what the progression was supposed to be on that play? If a play that made yards available to be gained is a bad play call, what is the right play call?

I don't think there is much question that he ran the wrong route. The way the play looked, where the ball was thrown, Fouts (who is good and smart) said it right away, listening to Fitz in the post game (even though he didn't at all come out and say it), plus Fitz was pretty on target over the middle all game. If Graham cuts it up he is open and the ball is there.

I think he also said that Fitz didn't see the DB?

Yes underneath to the sideline is the right play at that point in time.

Or the wide open Spiller for example.

ive been fighting all day not to say this but i cant help it

whytf is the rookie in there to do a sight adjustment anyway? they have enough veteran wrs on the team, why in the hell would you give the guy the chance to make a rookie mistake like that?

yeah he has to learn sometime but not there. this was their last realistic chance to save their season, you dont put a rookie on the filed in that situation. i like chan but these kinds of coaching errors are piling up now and if hes not careful hes gonna start looking like dick the gameday disaster

ugh man its tough being a fan of this damn team

Maybe it's me but Fitz seems to have a knack for turning the ball over late in the game to kill our chances. This wasn't Graham's fault at all. It's the QB job to locate the open receiver, period. Throwing into triple coverage is always ill advised. Fitz was locking in on receivers all day if you noticed. In general Fitz can not finish games. When watching the final drive and the Bills were moving the ball, you knew that Fitz was going to turn it over. That's what he does. If this was baseball you could take him out and put your closer in. Fitz is not a closer. It's a shame because these type of games ( Patriots, Titans ) take away from a solid Fitz performance.

Edited by VADC Bills