The Bills Future Ownership, Coaching, QB & Otherwise

T master

I was reading on ESPN that there are the rumors that John Gruden is thinking of a coaching come back , in the article it said that it would have to be the perfect storm , large market team , high profile , good history etc..

This brought to mind when this would hit the fans of the Bills how we all would react ? We in fact would react like we did before the hiring of Chan Gailey .

We need to go after Shanahan , Gruden , Billick , Cowher , well i'm here to tell you that none of those coaches will ever put on a Bills cap on our side line i don't think ,and if it does happen i would be as blown away as i was when we signed Mario this year.

If we are to look for the next great coach for the Bills that person will have to be a virtual unknown in the ranks of the NFL , a coach looking to leave his mark on the NFL not some one that has already made their statement . Like the afore mentioned coaches.

We would either need to do what Tampa Bay did & look into a good coach from the college ranks or go to the CFL & find a coach with a winning history up there & bring them south of the border , which would only fortify our position in the regionalization of the fan base to the games as Russ Brandon calls it. Which is not all that bad of an idea if it keeps the Bills in B/Lo...

If that is what he is in fact trying to do then our best bet would be doing just that , getting a coach from Canada that has some CFL credibility & NFL experience that hasn't as of yet made their MARC on the NFL (which my vote in that category would be Marc Trestman)

If you do some research on the guy he is a winner in the great white north , knows the game , has some NFL experience is a younger coach which might bring a more enthusiastic air to the Bills (which is a plus) & is some what a unknown ...

I just don't see us getting a former winning NFL coach to come here , i was all for Marty Schotenheimer coming here seeing as he use to play for the Bills , he is like the Bills in the way that, he has never won the big one (underdog of sorts) but that has a very out side Schot (pun intended) at being a Bills coach that could get us above .500 & a good possibility of being a play off caliber team.

Along with a unknown coach such as Trestman may come the fact that he knows of some good QB talent that we may not know about ,again from the great white north but would be willing and able to bring in a younger talent from the college ranks or the CFL to add another shot in the arm of the Bills.

Which in ending this post would make the Bills a more enticing buy for our future ownership, & hopefully the thought of keeping them in B/Lo with the added influx of northern exposure to the team.

Because let's face it when looking into buying something you want it to appear to be taken good care of with the possibilities of some small upgrades you can have something really enticing not only to the new owner but to (in this case) the fans that root for it ..

Edited by T master

I was reading on ESPN that there are the rumors that John Gruden is thinking of a coaching come back , in the article it said that it would have to be the perfect storm , large market team , high profile , good history etc..

This brought to mind when this would hit the fans of the Bills how we all would react ? We in fact would react like we did before the hiring of Chan Gailey .

We need to go after Shanahan , Gruden , Billick , Cowher , well i'm here to tell you that none of those coaches will ever put on a Bills cap on our side line i don't think ,and if it does happen i would be as blown away as i was when we signed Mario this year.

If we are to look for the next great coach for the Bills that person will have to be a virtual unknown in the ranks of the NFL , a coach looking to leave his mark on the NFL not some one that has already made their statement . Like the afore mentioned coaches.

We would either need to do what Tampa Bay did & look into a good coach from the college ranks or go to the CFL & find a coach with a winning history up there & bring them south of the border , which would only fortify our position in the regionalization of the fan base to the games as Russ Brandon calls it. Which is not all that bad of an idea if it keeps the Bills in B/Lo...

If that is what he is in fact trying to do then our best bet would be doing just that , getting a coach from Canada that has some CFL credibility & NFL experience that hasn't as of yet made their MARC on the NFL (which my vote in that category would be Marc Trestman)

If you do some research on the guy he is a winner in the great white north , knows the game , has some NFL experience is a younger coach which might bring a more enthusiastic air to the Bills (which is a plus) & is some what a unknown ...

I just don't see us getting a former winning NFL coach to come here , i was all for Marty Schotenheimer coming here seeing as he use to play for the Bills , he is like the Bills in the way that, he has never won the big one (underdog of sorts) but that has a very out side Schot (pun intended) at being a Bills coach that could get us above .500 & a good possibility of being a play off caliber team.

Along with a unknown coach such as Trestman may come the fact that he knows of some good QB talent that we may not know about ,again from the great white north but would be willing and able to bring in a younger talent from the college ranks or the CFL to add another shot in the arm of the Bills.

You lost me with the fifth paragraph. Honestly, diving into the CFL? If that's the case this franchise is even worse off than I thought.

Which in ending this post would make the Bills a more enticing buy for our future ownership, & hopefully the thought of keeping them in B/Lo with the added influx of northern exposure to the team.

Because let's face it when looking into buying something you want it to appear to be taken good care of with the possibilities of some small upgrades you can have something really enticing not only to the new owner but to (in this case) the fans that root for it ..

With 32 teams worth around 1 billion each in a auction . I doubt any owner would care, if the franchise looks like it's been taken good care of or not. For a recent example see Cleveland Browns. They're buying a finite product and most likely will clean any house, and really could care less if any re tread or a CFL coach was driving their truck at the time of purchase. Especially the Buffalo Bills.

With 32 teams worth around 1 billion each in a auction . I doubt any owner would care, if the franchise looks like it's been taken good care of or not. For a recent example see Cleveland Browns. They're buying a finite product and most likely will clean any house, and really could care less if any re tread or a CFL coach was driving their truck at the time of purchase. Especially the Buffalo Bills.

K i got what your saying but you missed my point , with them buying this team it is more attractive to buy it with Weedon , & the RB from Ala . & other people on the team then say a team that was all old veterans like say andre davis that we had that were at the end of their careers .

If there is some potential i guess is the right word as far as players it would take less time to get to the point of being a winning franchise , of coarse they will probably change the coaching staff & such & bring in other players but if the team has a good base to work off of (hence taken better care of) it would be more attractive to a prospective buyer ...

I have heard Trestman is widely respected in the NFL. If there is one place he could find a home in the NFL it would be in Buffalo. The Bills/Wilson's history with CFL coaches and players obviously has precedent. It could be the only city in the NFL that wouldn't automatically pan the idea.

For someone like Cowher or Gruden it would have to be a dream situation for them to come out of retirement, they would obviously never consider Buffalo. If you think otherwise you are delusional.

Even top HC prospects around the league, such as hot coordinators or what not, are very unlikely to come to Buffalo if they have any other options.

For Buffalo to get a good HC, it needs to either be a season where there are several emerging coordinators and only a couple teams changing their HC, or else the Bills need to take a flyer on someone young and upcoming and hope it pans out.

Either way, they need to do SOMETHING and bring someone new in.

Once you know there is nothing there, you might as well move on.

I mean, really, c'mon - hasn't this whole Gailey thing turned out basically how you thought it would when his name was first being thrown around for the job?

K i got what your saying but you missed my point , with them buying this team it is more attractive to buy it with Weedon , & the RB from Ala . & other people on the team then say a team that was all old veterans like say andre davis that we had that were at the end of their careers .

If there is some potential i guess is the right word as far as players it would take less time to get to the point of being a winning franchise , of coarse they will probably change the coaching staff & such & bring in other players but if the team has a good base to work off of (hence taken better care of) it would be more attractive to a prospective buyer ...

I think you're looking at it from strictly a fans perspective. As a business deal I don't think it would sway anything including the price or interested buyers. The opportunity is just too rare in the NFL. Like you say if they want new coaches, whatever. The new coach will want his players, QB, etc.

They have tried on having some player assets with Fitz(why), SJ13, Mario who actually may just become a liability because of his contract and level of play so far. It would be nice to know the untouchable players in Buffalo. I would think <10.

Dudes. Get over the Bills winning. Winning is low on the organization's priorties. Winning organizations have ownership that have energy, vision, and focus. They bring in the best football people to lead and coach. Not people like Chan, Buddy, Wanny, & Guy. Those guys would mot be hired to as high level a postion as they're in by any other NFL team, let alone a winning NFL team.