Wanny, Chan and Nix

Coach55

I have been quiet this season, but I am getting frustrated with all of the various posts regarding Wanny, Chan and Nix, so here is my view...

Nix - Everyone is blaming him for not putting together a team. The fact of the matter is he delivered on his part. He brought in the talent to put together a winning franchise. The team has 3 premier defensive lineman, a strong secondary and an average at best linebacking core. Offensively, they have 2 of the best RBs in the league running behind a stellar offensive line, the receiving core is better than average, Chandler has been a solid TE and Fitz is adequate at best (what ever happened to TJax - Gailey????). It is not his fault that this team is 3-5... However pending what he does with the other 2 - that could dictate whether he stays or goes...

Wanny - How is this guy a defensive coordinator in the NFL? He has taken a defense absolutely loaded with talent and turned them into a laughing stock... This defense is materially worse than last year, yet talent wise is significantly better. He is the most unimaginative coordinator out there. They play a ridiculously soft zone, that is beyond pathetic. They never blitz (or even stunt for that matter). People are blaming Williams... its not his fault. The scheme is horrible. This guy should have been gone in week 5...

Chan - He is a bit of an enigma

1. He is not a head coach, offensive coordinator maybe, but not a head coach.

2. I don't know where he gets this "offensive mastermind" title as his playcalling is average at best and he makes a lot of bonehead decisions. Dump the wildcat already, it fails everytime... How about running more often - put the ball in the hands of your best players....

3. His offensive scheme is not why we are 3-5. His general offensive scheme works with the talent we have (his playcalling is shotty, but the scheme itself works) and as bad as Fitz has played again it hasn't been horrible

4. If we had a shred of defense we could easily be 5-3, if not better and then Chan's offense is looked at in a different light.

With that being said Chan is not the right guy to run this team. IMO, Nix needs to fire Wanny today, give Chan the back half of season to redeem himself (and by that I mean running the table and ending 10-6) or we need a whole to Coaching staff for 2013...

Good post but it's Ralph Wilson being AWOL that's the cause of this organizaiton/team problems.

Think about it: Where you work - if your company owner was 93 years old and hardly around, what would the attitude of the employees be - expecially over several years time? Everyone would slack off!

Even the company President would goof off!

The Buffalo Bills need new ownership. New ownership that attends games and is in the locker room after each and every game.

Edited by PearlHowardman

GREAT POST! Agree with your comments. Let me add that Chan does not run the team today. He just worries about offense. Problem number one.... He is not capable of leading a team as a head coach should be. The game against the Texans proved it. He does not motivate. He does not inspire. Worse, he is intimidated by other coaches...

I like nix as a gm actually, which is hypocritical for me to say since his drafts have been pretty bad. But he has done a lot of things that I love that other regimes didn't do. The guy has put together an o line, which we have needed for a long time, oline depth, he has re-signed are good players like Stevie, Kyle, chandler, etc, he has brought in good free agents like Mario, barnett, pears, chandler etc.

The only player that nix didn't keep that we should have was poz, and it sounds like they made a good try to keep him. Even though I don't like gailey as HC, I think he is above average as an OC, even with his questionable playcalling. I think with a top 15 qb, his playcalling would work. The only reason his playcalling doesn't work is because he has too much faith in Fitz. With a better qb, his playcalling would actually work well I think.

But I also blame gaily for not going after a qb. I think nix has been wanting one, but gailey has pushed against it, but that is just me speculating. I think the wildcat is annoying, and I would be surprised if brad smith returns. I think they will need more roster room next year.

And I am not going to bother talking about stache. There is a chance he can save his job, but man has he made me curse a lot this season

Uh you can have talent but if you don't have heart your useless and I think most of our guys lack both. What they look like on paper doesn't mean squat. Yes Wanny is awful and has them out of position but great players overcome. Wanny was the DC in Dallas yet his player's overcame his "unimaginative scheming".

Chan Gailey is not fit to be an NFL HC or OC, he is a college coach at best. Fire him and fast, it's over.

I'm over Buddy Nix he had 3 years to make an impact and the bottom line is results and what have we been under his regime, 13-40 or something close. The 1st two years he got a pass because of the hand he was dealt with but this season his entire body of work now legitimately comes into question based on the regression we have seen this year on all fronts. Buddy/scouts forgot to look at players passion, intensity, and overall technique. Our guys take plays off, can't tackle, can't pass down field and on and on and on. Buddy said you can't blow the thing up and start again but I say oh yes you can if you have to and we HAVE to. The problem is who is going to want to come here now with all the uncertainty that is the Buffalo Bills. We deserved better all these years. Bills fans are rabid when we get what we deserve and that's to have player's and coaches perform with the same intensity as the fan base they have and do not deserve.