We lost today because....

It starts with 2 mental mistakes on defense, the first being the long pass to Daniels for a touchdown, where Bradham got faked out by the Play Action and completely lost his man.

The second being the long gain to A.Johnson, where Williams did not look back for the ball. Had he, it would've fallen right into his hands for a pick.

However, the main reason we lost this game was Chain Gailey.

Let me start off with saying we ran the ball 12 times. Yes, we are 4th in the NFL in rushing and he ran 12 times with two great RB's in a close game. And it's not like we were getting stuffed everytime we ran the ball either, as Spiller and Jackson had some very nice runs. This is simply unacceptable.

Also, 4 times we were inside Houston's 20, and only came away with 9 points. We did not take one shot into the endzone, which tells me this: Either Chan is completely inept, or he has no confidence in Fitzpatrick and/or the Wide receivers (this most likely being the case).

Honestly, Chan seemed scared and intimidated by Houston's D with such conservative play calling all game. If the coach is timid, it ultimately reflects on the players.

I don't know..... run the ball.... better defense.

I really think we need a hc and a def coordinator. I don't mind Chan being either of these... but we need both.

We need a new DC.

Watching this pit vs nyg game..... we need a defense.

Defense.

Edited by markgbe