(OT) Java applet help needed

TheMadCap

I know we are all still pissed about the game and all, and I have tried over and over to get this fixed and am having little success. Maybe some of you techies can help me with this.

When I go to a site that displays lots of content, like ESPN or GameSpot, my Java applet crashes my IE browser. I tried updating java, and all my IE security settings are correct as far as I can tell.

Yes, I know IE sucks, but I am not going to replace the browser to Mozilla or something else until I can replace my motherboard and processor. Can anyone figure out what the hell is wrong? I updated to SP2, with no success. This is EXTREMELY frustrating...

I know we are all still pissed about the game and all, and I have tried over and over to get this fixed and am having little success. Maybe some of you techies can help me with this.

When I go to a site that displays lots of content, like ESPN or GameSpot, my Java applet crashes my IE browser. I tried updating java, and all my IE security settings are correct as far as I can tell.

Yes, I know IE sucks, but I am not going to replace the browser to Mozilla or something else until I can replace my motherboard and processor. Can anyone figure out what the hell is wrong? I updated to SP2, with no success. This is EXTREMELY frustrating...

190483[/snapback]

Sorry if this doesn't directly answer the question, but waiting to upgrade to change your browser to Mozilla doesn't make much sense. I have both on my comp but I almost always use Firefox. And when you load Firefox you will have to load the Java support. There are some sites that Firefox will not work on, but for me they have only been retail sites.

Sorry if this doesn't directly answer the question, but waiting to upgrade to change your browser to Mozilla doesn't make much sense.  I have both on my comp but I almost always use Firefox.  And when you load Firefox you will have to load the Java support.  There are some sites that Firefox will not work on, but for me they have only been retail sites.

190509[/snapback]

Same here with Mozilla regarding a very few retail sites. I figure that those sites want IE so they can sink a "hook" into you, so to speak.

So I'm glad I don't get in contact with them.

BTW, I had an occasion to contact the diet folks, WeightWatchers, a while ago. Rather humorous that their site demanded cookies be allowed... :P