One final thing....

When I listened to the post game press conferences, there wasn't a HINT of anger at their own failure in the players' voices. They sounded dead and drained.

When I fail at a task, I never cease to go over how I couldn't have done it better, and I DO get angry with myself. I use it as motivation. But these guys, they sounded like it just didn't matter. It SOUNDED like they didn't even care that they pi$$ed away a golden opportunity on a national stage AGAIN.

If I was them, I'd be embarrassed and angry with myself for being punked. By second-strigners, no less. But hey, they've got their millions and mansions, so what motivation do they need, right?

This team is NOT representative of its town in the least.

The players are professionals and while there is no doubt they "care", they will NEVER be as passionate as the fans. Ever. Its just a fact of life in pro-sports. And besides, except for a choice few, which players really blow up and show tons of "anger" after bad losses, anyways? Not many.

When I listened to the post game press conferences, there wasn't a HINT of anger at their own failure in the players' voices. They sounded dead and drained.

When I fail at a task, I never cease to go over how I couldn't have done it better, and I DO get angry with myself. I use it as motivation. But these guys, they sounded like it just didn't matter. It SOUNDED like they didn't even care that they pi$$ed away a golden opportunity on a national stage AGAIN.

If I was them, I'd be embarrassed and angry with myself for being punked. By second-strigners, no less. But hey, they've got their millions and mansions, so what motivation do they need, right?

This team is NOT representative of its town in the least.

190479[/snapback]

Nothing the team did yesterday makes sense when you look at the previous six weeks.