Can't put this one on Fitz...

rolly

yes. but your real purpose is to fully blame Fitz. That is why you stick the defense in brackets at the bottom, kinda like damage control, No!

Because, using basic logic Fitz shares the blame by throwing an inopportune INT on a horrible decision at that point in time.

Fitz is to blame for the loss.

The Defense is also to blame for the loss.

This thread is beyond retarded.

Both can share the blame it is not one or the other it can be both, and in reality both are to blame.

Any other team in the league that has a QB throw a 4th QTR interception there is no debate. Any other team in the league that has a QB throw for a little over 200 yards where 60% of that is YAC there is no debate. For some strange reason people feel they have to protect their investment in this obviously non-NFL quality QB.

Its mind-numbing to read these preposterous excuses for poor QB play.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because, using basic logic Fitz shares the blame by throwing an inopportune INT on a horrible decision at that point in time.

Both can share the blame it is not one or the other it can be both, and in reality both are to blame.

Any other team in the league that has a QB throw a 4th QTR interception there is no debate. Any other team in the league that has a QB throw for a little over 200 yards where 60% of that is YAC there is no debate. For some strange reason people feel they have to protect their investment in this obviously non-NFL quality QB.

Its mind-numbing to read these preposterous excuses for poor QB play.

so it is ok for the defense to screw the pooch all game long with mistake after mistake after mistake, yet you want to equally spread the blame to the QB who made 1 mistake all game long, which the other team needed to ultimately go 60 yards on said pooch screwing defense to capitalize on the QBs mistake. OMFG people are delusional.

Both are to blame, probably equally, but..

INTs are a part of the game. Teams can win if QBs throw INTs. Teams do not win with a non existant defense.

But is that true?

Top 8 teams for Turnover ratio in 2011:

(almost All Playoff teams )

1 San Francisco 49ers 16 23.8 380 993 310.9 5.0 17.6 65 221 29 9 14 64 113 1,014 32:08 14 5 +28 2 Green Bay Packers 16 35 560 988 405.1 6.6 22.1 91 189 48 4 8 50 76 591 30:29 15 6 +24 3 New England Patriots 16 32.1 513 1,082 428.0 6.3 24.9 89 194 46 7 11 64 87 815 28:47 13 5 +17 4 Detroit Lions 16 29.6 474 1,058 396.1 6.0 21.8 76 212 36 8 14 57 128 1,075 30:09 20 7 +11 5 Seattle Seahawks 16 20.1 321 1,003 303.8 4.8 16.6 77 228 34 7 15 47 138 1,047 28:23 22 9 +8 6 Atlanta Falcons 16 25.1 402 1,073 376.6 5.6 21.8 99 224 44 4 13 31 93 769 32:18 12 8 +8 7 Houston Texans 16 23.8 381 1,046 372.1 5.7 20.1 93 224 42 3 11 27 99 852 32:40 20 11 +7 8 New York Giants 16 24.6 394 1,028 385.1 6.0 20.7 77 206 37 4 13 31 94 795 29:30 18 8 +7

Top 8 Defenses by points allowed 2011:

(only 4 playoff teams)

25Tennessee Titans1619.83171,080355.15.320.29623641820409981232:112012

26Seattle Seahawks1619.73151,049332.25.119.47722135711649690732:11189

27Miami Dolphins1619.63131,043345.15.319.474219347145011297529:51173

28Cleveland Browns1619.23071,035332.45.118.89523041614439072631:002011

29Houston Texans1617.4278960285.74.816.97621236613468868627:201810

30Baltimore Ravens1616.62661,002288.94.616.871221321021481031,03229:252711

31San Francisco 49ers1614.3229974308.25.116.77621635717419886728:033115

32Pittsburgh Steelers1614.2227964271.84.516.58622139813629677727:27134

Turnovers Kill

so it is ok for the defense to screw the pooch all game long with mistake after mistake after mistake, yet you want to equally spread the blame to the QB who made 1 mistake all game long, which the other team needed to ultimately go 60 yards on said pooch screwing defense to capitalize on the QBs mistake. OMFG people are delusional.

It is not ok.

Try reading the post.

Did I say equally?

The irony in your delusional comment is so massive it may start to generate a gravitational force of its own and eventually suck us all into a blackhole.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Sure can put this on Fitz, the D sucked most of the game but began making stops when they needed to at the end. Fitz played great but handed them the game with a HORRIBLE pick. The DB was in Don's pocket throughout the route, timing route or not, the DB was in position to pick for the entire route : /

yes. but your real purpose is to fully blame Fitz. That is why you stick the defense in brackets at the bottom, kinda like damage control, No!

My purpose is to debate....there is absolutely no debate that our defense is terrible, yet Fitz apologists are consistently looking for other scapegoats to mask his mistakes. If Fitz played mistake free football, I'd love it. I don't hate Fitz. I just don't think he's an answer to any QB problem. The reason I continuously harp on it is because you and others keep blaming others for his role in our current slide.

Fitz played good enough to win UNTIL he threw that horrendous pick. And he does that time after time after time. So yeah, I'm going to argue with you. It's almost like only one thing can be wrong with this team and how dare I mention anything but our defense. However there can be more than one thing wrong and there is.

Our defense is so deplorable that it makes it even more important that Fitz, as QB, doesn't turn the ball over. He did, with a terrible throw and decision in a terrible spot. He deserves to be called out for it, as even he has stated himself.

I don't mention the defense a great deal because it's a no-brainer. Anyone with a pulse knows our defense is historically terrible. I do mention Fitz because people's man-crush on him runs so deep that it blinds them to reality. Therefore it's a healthy debate. If we were Chiefs fans, I doubt we'd be having QB arguments because Cassel is universally thought of as terrible. However, we are Bills' fans and you seem to be stuck on our quick start last year because that is the only plausible reason to support Fitz. But his career stats don't lie, especially his W - L stats, which, as many people were quick to state after the Arizona game, is the only stat that matters.

I wish Fitz was better. I wish he'd take us to the playoffs. But I have always maintained (look at my post history) that he is mediocre at best with severe limitations with the deep ball. Good defenses know this and have adjusted after last year. I'd love to see #14 lead the Bills to the playoffs and beyond, but I just don't see it happening. And I am an eternal optimist.

So, in essence, my consistent inclusion of Fitz in my posts are a reaction to those, like you, who cannot see the big picture.

My purpose is to debate....there is absolutely no debate that our defense is terrible, yet Fitz apologists are consistently looking for other scapegoats to mask his mistakes. If Fitz played mistake free football, I'd love it. I don't hate Fitz. I just don't think he's an answer to any QB problem. The reason I continuously harp on it is because you and others keep blaming others for his role in our current slide.

Fitz played good enough to win UNTIL he threw that horrendous pick. And he does that time after time after time. So yeah, I'm going to argue with you. It's almost like only one thing can be wrong with this team and how dare I mention anything but our defense. However there can be more than one thing wrong and there is.

Our defense is so deplorable that it makes it even more important that Fitz, as QB, doesn't turn the ball over. He did, with a terrible throw and decision in a terrible spot. He deserves to be called out for it, as even he has stated himself.

I don't mention the defense a great deal because it's a no-brainer. Anyone with a pulse knows our defense is historically terrible. I do mention Fitz because people's man-crush on him runs so deep that it blinds them to reality. Therefore it's a healthy debate. If we were Chiefs fans, I doubt we'd be having QB arguments because Cassel is universally thought of as terrible. However, we are Bills' fans and you seem to be stuck on our quick start last year because that is the only plausible reason to support Fitz. But his career stats don't lie, especially his W - L stats, which, as many people were quick to state after the Arizona game, is the only stat that matters.

I wish Fitz was better. I wish he'd take us to the playoffs. But I have always maintained (look at my post history) that he is mediocre at best with severe limitations with the deep ball. Good defenses know this and have adjusted after last year. I'd love to see #14 lead the Bills to the playoffs and beyond, but I just don't see it happening. And I am an eternal optimist.

So, in essence, my consistent inclusion of Fitz in my posts are a reaction to those, like you, who cannot see the big picture.

Oh I can see it alright, and it's obvious that there is no ability to sense talk to you haters. When you hate, as you do, you have tunnel vision and refuse to not only not look at the big picture but refuse to acknowledge it is there also.

For you and all your hater buddies, Big picture = Fitz and Fitz only.

For me, Big picture = where should I start? Owner, President? COO, GM? Definitely coaching? I dunno to blame the QB and QB only for all the problems this team has is extremely myopic and not seeing the "big picture". Fixing the QB position right now doesn't make this a better team. I dunno kind of easy to understand I think.

Edited by FreakPop

Oh I can see it alright, and it's obvious that there is no ability to sense talk to you haters. When you hate, as you do, you have tunnel vision and refuse to not only not look at the big picture but refuse to acknowledge it is there also.

For you and all your hater buddies, Big picture = Fitz and Fitz only.

For me, Big picture = where should I start? Owner, President? COO, GM? Definitely coaching? I dunno to blame the QB and QB only for all the problems this team has is extremely myopic and not seeing the "big picture". Fixing the QB position right now doesn't make this a better team. I dunno kind of easy to understand I think.

Your head is so far up your a$$, you can't see beyond Fitz's name. You're like the bumbling Fitz stalker that states, "How dare you!" whenever we criticize your man-crush. I tried explaining my position in a rational way, but to no avail. I swear your name was PDaddy in a previous TSW life. Enjoy your magazines and photoshopped images.

He must be a relative or something. It's amazing that a competent football fan would stand behind fitz still

No, it's amazing to me that people place all the Bills failures solely on the QB.

The defense plays horrid, makes mistake after mistake for an ENTIRE game and the QB makes 1, just 1 bad throw, and somehow in your twisted minds you want to blame the QB for the loss. Really? Amazing how you think.

It seems for as bad as Fitz has supposedly played, had he had just a tiny bit of defensive help the Bills would be 5-2.

BTW, I have said numerous times that the QB position should be upgraded.

Bobo your guy threw the int in crunch time. Good qb's don't do that. Quit w the excuses. This whole offense vs defense nonsense doesn't work it's one team.

Yes, they do that but not near as often and they almost never follow it up with a 4 and out. Especially while still using the middle of the field.

No, it's amazing to me that people place all the Bills failures solely on the QB.

The defense plays horrid, makes mistake after mistake for an ENTIRE game and the QB makes 1, just 1 bad throw, and somehow in your twisted minds you want to blame the QB for the loss. Really? Amazing how you think.

It seems for as bad as Fitz has supposedly played, had he had just a tiny bit of defensive help the Bills would be 5-2.

BTW, I have said numerous times that the QB position should be upgraded.

Having regularly watched really good qb play.... Yes, week to week, he is easily the one position that even a small upgrade would hit the win column in a big way.

.... This wasn't the first time and it won't be the last time we broach this subject... He is what he is.. He may be a little bit better than a journey man but he WILL never be that guy. He is simply not accurate enough down field (touch passes specifically), arm strength is average to below average and he doesn't have the moxey of a winner in my opinion. Even with the Defense blowing that last drive.. The guy got the ball back with over a minute to play AT HOME. FG WINS-- can be the hero in the end makeup for the the bonehead pick. Look if Fitz wants to be next level and Nix is surely paying him like he's next level. He needs to beat Tennessee especially against them having one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Yes he threw the Pick, yes the defense buckled but HE had the chance to be the hero and failed. He has to learn to WIN a game like that. Bottomline.... We see it happen in the NFL week in and Week out..

Now the Defense has sucked from time to time but they have had some decent games thus far.. Team should be 4-3 for sure.. Defense laid down in 2nd half against Pats and Niners and were on field pretty much entire 2nd halves of those games. I don't want to give this Unit a pass for sure but I've seen encouraging signs. They still have a very long way to go..but its hard to watch other teams defenses perform with less talent on their front lines so it's hard not to blame Wannstandt..

Game 1- Fitz buried the Bills Defense against the Jets. Doomed from beginning

Game 2- Good- Effort Win Chiefs

Game 3- Good- Effort Win Browns

Game 4- Defense played a hell of a game in the first half against the Patriots. Fitz threw two picks in first half led to 0 points after Defense gave up TD, Forced 2 fumbles. one led to TD then the spiller fumble at halftime was a killer. Defense was on field the entire 2nd half. after going up 21- 7 yeh could've been 28-7. Didn't matter. Defense was on field the entire 3rd quarter and beginning of 4th quarter.

Game 5- Defense did fine 1st half until the Chandler fumble with 29 seconds left turns half from 10-3 to 17-3...Against SF I'm sure they figured another TD and they're were toast anyways.Offense WAS not gonna Score 24 pts or more on SF.

Game 6- Good effort Win Cards

Game 7- Bad effort- vs a team that has been struggling. Too many big plays but were in it at end. Defense played better in 2nd half. Fitz made a mistake. Defense buckled. Fitz gets ball back with 1.03 left needing around 40 yards to give Lindell a shot to Win game. Gets 8 yards against one of the worst defenses in NFL, throws ball out of bounds on 4th down.

Exactly every time I watch Matt Ryan Eli manning and 5 others in that situation. At home fg to win 1 minute left w timeouts it feels like a given they are getting into fg range. Fitz froze up against a terrible d in that situation. He has getting paid 60 million to get that fg there and it doesn't seem to be justified. Skip Bayless always rambles about a clutch gene, it's something our qb has not.

Think about that when your done workin 50 hours a week for 40,000 a year. 60 mil to fail !

Edited by Ryan L Billz