This is not a another "Fitz Sucks" Post

angryfan62

Well, game's over and I gotta go to work now. I know this is a "team sport" and "they win or lose as one", and I also want to say that I have really rooted for Ryan Fitzpatrick to succeed these past few years but man I am not sure how the rest of you guys feel but I think the defense while certainly not perfect or even consistently good had left the team in a position to win a close game and in my humble opinion Fitz is directly responsible for this loss. I am not sure whether that intercepted pass play was called by Chan or was an audible by Fitz, but damn...why on earth did he actually throw that to a tightly bracketed receiver when all that was needed for victory was to kill 3 minutes? I mean he could have just pitched it out of bounds(Hell, he very often does that when the receiver is wide open), he could have just tucked the ball and taken the sack. But he actually threw that s**tty pass of his back foot under pressure to a covered receiver.....AGAIN! Another terrible football decision....AGAIN. He is not learning from his(many)previous mistakes. How many times does the staff need to see this go on? I am sure that he is a great guy and everyone in the organization likes him but he just hasn't got the tools to lead this team to victory on a consistent basis, in fact, he is costing us games. I know, I know, "who else do we have" but damn would either of them truly do a worse job from Sunday to Sunday than we have been watching? After writing this I guess I am not really sure who to be more angry at, Fitz for throwing that or the staff for letting him. There...done venting now, not even gonna talk about that last so called "drive" with about a minute left...Grrrr. :censored:

While I don't disagree with any of your comments about Fitz, I can't blame him on the loss when he drove down the field for five long scoring drives, didn't need to punt until was half way through the 4th quarter. He was blind sided on the fumble, more an O-line thing than on him and you often see fumbles result from that. One Int while it was a terrible pass and terrible call, can't blame him for playing a one int game. I was hoping for the QB bootleg that they did earlier a couple of times with success. I put the blame on the D who could not stop anything all 1st half and half of the second.

The problem I do see with Fitz among many is his game plan how he manged the game was good, dink and dunk, we have guys who are good at YAC, let them keep moving the chains and mix it in with the occasional 20 yarder when you have the chance. That's not a bad game plan as long as you're ahead. But with a minute left and the D knows you have to gain 15 to 20 yards at a clip, Fitz can't do it. That's the problem with Fitz!

Good, sensible post.

I actually went out for a walk before the TN last score.

I thought we had the game wrapped up but I didn't want to witness what might happen...and it did happen.

Again.

I guess I should have taken a walk as well but I just had to watch, kinda like a car wreck I guess, you know you should hide your eyes but you can't look away. I wonder sometimes why I keep doing this to myself every Sunday. :wallbash:

While I don't disagree with any of your comments about Fitz, I can't blame him on the loss when he drove down the field for five long scoring drives, didn't need to punt until was half way through the 4th quarter. He was blind sided on the fumble, more an O-line thing than on him and you often see fumbles result from that. One Int while it was a terrible pass and terrible call, can't blame him for playing a one int game. I was hoping for the QB bootleg that they did earlier a couple of times with success. I put the blame on the D who could not stop anything all 1st half and half of the second.

The problem I do see with Fitz among many is his game plan how he manged the game was good, dink and dunk, we have guys who are good at YAC, let them keep moving the chains and mix it in with the occasional 20 yarder when you have the chance. That's not a bad game plan as long as you're ahead. But with a minute left and the D knows you have to gain 15 to 20 yards at a clip, Fitz can't do it. That's the problem with Fitz!

All you have said about the D is true, but with a little over 3 minutes to go we were up by 6, I believe either you or I could have come up with a reasonable game plan for this situation. As I had said before I don't know if Chan called that pass or whether it was Fitz's decision to do so but it was absolutely the worst possible decision. Hell, if we had simply run the ball 3 times, took 40 plus seconds between plays, didn't get a 1st down and had to punt we probably win that game. I just don't understand the decisions being made during these games, it's very frustrating to watch.

Edited by angryfan62

The defense never left the team in a position to win. Obviously letting a team drive 50 yards and covert 4 th downs and not catching balls that hit you in the chest was directly Fitz's fault. If we had a defense that game we win by three TDs.

You put up 34 points at home you win......unless your defense is horrible. This is on the defense NOT Fitz.

If the Bills lost 6-3 and the defense let the Titans drive 80 yards for a last second FG would you be blaming the defense for the loss? Don't think so!

The defense never left the team in a position to win. Obviously letting a team drive 50 yards and covert 4 th downs and not catching balls that hit you in the chest was directly Fitz's fault. If we had a defense that game we win by three TDs.

You put up 34 points at home you win......unless your defense is horrible. This is on the defense NOT Fitz.

If the Bills lost 6-3 and the defense let the Titans drive 80 yards for a last second FG would you be blaming the defense for the loss? Don't think so!

Just to be clear Ray I am not absolving the defense by any means, I believe the phrase being kicked around on the sports shows these past few weeks concerning them is "Historically Bad" :blush:. However we were winning today with just 3 to go. I watched that Patriots game at the beginning of last season and expected something similar to today, but no...common sense prevailed and we simply hung on to the ball....and the win. That's all I'm really saying, Even with our bad D and unreliable QB the game was pretty much ours at that point unless we did something really dumb...and sure enough, we did :bag:.

Edited by angryfan62

OK, but thats more on the play calling than on Fitz. I was hoping for a QB bootleg, at worst it would have kept the clock moving and maybe even get a first down out of it.

I guess I should have taken a walk as well but I just had to watch, kinda like a car wreck I guess, you know you should hide your eyes but you can't look away. I wonder sometimes why I keep doing this to myself every Sunday. :wallbash:

All you have said about the D is true, but with a little over 3 minutes to go we were up by 6, I believe either you or I could have come up with a reasonable game plan for this situation. As I had said before I don't know if Chan called that pass or whether it was Fitz's decision to do so but it was absolutely the worst possible decision. Hell, if we had simply run the ball 3 times, took 40 plus seconds between plays, didn't get a 1st down and had to punt we probably win that game. I just don't understand the decisions being made during these games, it's very frustrating to watch.

OK, but thats more on the play calling than on Fitz. I was hoping for a QB bootleg, at worst it would have kept the clock moving and maybe even get a first down out of it.

Absolutely Ed, bootleg for a first, bootleg that doesn't get us one, it really didn't matter too much at that point, the clock was our friend. I am certainly not a highly paid coordinator or coach or even a "football expert" but why throw the ball then at all. I just don't get it.

Good, sensible post.

I thought we had the game wrapped up but I didn't want to witness what might happen...and it did happen.

Again.

AHHH so you are the reason we lost :wallbash::doh:

Good, sensible post.

Again.

So even though you live in Syracuse and care more about this team than those who live farther from Buffalo, you went for a walk in the 4th quarter.

Gotcha.

By the way I was meaning to ask you, do people in Batavia care less about the Bills than those in Alden?

Just curious.

Earlier I stated that I really did not know who was responsible for attempting that late 4th qtr pass that was picked off, I just read this off the TBD front page:(Ryan Fitzpatrick: "This one stings")

Evidently Mr. Fitzpatrick took it upon himself to heave that miserable pass because he "got greedy" Even though I can appreciate the fact that he took full responsibility for it I am otherwise truly mystified by his response. Greedy? greedy for what? To have a good game? He was already on his way to doing that. To get another win? Well on his way to doing that too. When I try to make sense of it my head hurts, going to bed now.

BUFFALO BILLS QB RYAN FITZPATRICK

On what happened on his fourth-quarter interception:

I just got greedy in a situation that I did not have any business being greedy in. It was a dumb throw, dumb decision by me. Third down at the end of the game, game on the line, Chan (Gailey) put the ball in my hands essentially and I threw an interception. So that one hurts.

On if the receiver he threw to was who he was supposed to on the interception:

There are five different receivers on that play, so that was just the one I threw it to.

On if the pass was intended for WR Stevie Johnsonicon-article-link.gif or WR Donald Jonesicon-article-link.gif:

Donald.

On why the passes on the Bills’ last drive were all short throws:

The way that they play it was obviously going to be everybody deep and back. You hope to catch one short and have somebody go. We had the two timeouts so not necessarily having to run out of bounds and do all of that stuff. Just trying to get people down the field to at least have a chance at it. The first and second downs we had catches, but the short completions. I tried to get Scott (Chandler) on the third one and then I tried to get Stevie (Johnson) on the last one. It did not happen.