Powell on Kick-offs?

MURTR

Lindell was never that great on kickoffs....Powell has some size to him, anyone know if he could potentially handle kickoff duty as well?

Potter seems like a wasted roster spot.

the way we've been playing, we need someone that's really good at the onside kick...cuz i think we'll be doin' a lot of that in games to come.

alternatively, our coverage may be worse (as indicated by the better average start despite many kicks going right to the 20), meaning that the extra touchbacks are saving us even more in the field position game.

just another way to look at the numbers without context.

or that this early in the season the sample size is just still pretty small.

We simply have a bad Special Teams coach with no passion and a belief that he does not have players and plays scared....Nothing like the one he replaced...April always found a way to work his ST unit instead of throwing up excuses.

This is from a Buffalo News article back in May:

"Signing with the Bills was more special to me, beyond football, because my kicking coach, Greg Cater, punted here," Powell said, referring to the Bills' punter from 1980 to 1983. "So I've always talked about the Bills. I have a Bills Greg Cater jersey. He told me if I made all-state in high school, he'd give me one of his jerseys, so I have one. It was just weird when I got the call from the Bills. It's like full circle."

Cater now works as a pastor in Rome, Ga. But he has been working with Powell since he was 16 on his punting mechanics.

"From the first time I worked with him it was obvious he was special," Cater said. "I remember the first time I let him tee the ball up and kick off for me at Darlington [high school]. There's a row of evergreens behind the end zone. He nailed that thing over the evergreens. I said, 'You've got the leg strength. All we need to do is point you in the right direction.'"

PS: I wish TSW posters would stop confusing Potter and Powell. It's not that difficult to figure out...

Powell kicked off the war in Iraq by making that speech to the UN about weapons of mass destruction - - look where that got us. Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Powell should stick to punting.

Wasn't that Colin Campbell, the former NFL Czar of Discipline?

He was always after someone.