One thing I was wrong about

I said in a thread yesterday that I assumed the coaches called deep routes, but that the line didn't give them time to execute those plays. Well, looks like I was wrong - looks like the Bills actually went into yesterday's game with a gameplan of SHORT PASSES. Against backup cornerbacks and linebackers. Without any quality TEs or slot receivers on the roster. With 1/2 of one guard on the starting o-line. With Drew's lack of touch or accuracy on short routes. With Lee Evans able to beat one-on-one any of the Steelers's CBs deep.

Pathetic.

Notre Dame made the right decision.

I said in a thread yesterday that I assumed the coaches called deep routes, but that the line didn't give them time to execute those plays.  Well, looks like I was wrong - looks like the Bills actually went into yesterday's game with a gameplan of SHORT PASSES.  Against backup cornerbacks and linebackers.  Without any quality TEs or slot receivers on the roster.  With 1/2 of one guard on the starting o-line.  With Drew's lack of touch or accuracy on short routes.  With Lee Evans able to beat one-on-one any of the Steelers's CBs deep.

Pathetic.

190161[/snapback]

Sorry, I have been saying it since the game yesterday. Add to that the fact that Burns was in on every 2nd and 3rd and long, it negated the ability to have a Mcgahee screen pass and let him do something with it. In fact did we even run one screen pass yesterday?

I said in a thread yesterday that I assumed the coaches called deep routes, but that the line didn't give them time to execute those plays.  Well, looks like I was wrong - looks like the Bills actually went into yesterday's game with a gameplan of SHORT PASSES.  Against backup cornerbacks and linebackers.  Without any quality TEs or slot receivers on the roster.  With 1/2 of one guard on the starting o-line.  With Drew's lack of touch or accuracy on short routes.  With Lee Evans able to beat one-on-one any of the Steelers's CBs deep.

Pathetic.

190161[/snapback]

I agree 100 percent that the Bills should have gone deep early and often. But, in all fairness to Evans and company, the Steelers kept their starting corners in pretty mich the whole game.