CLE Vs. CIN Analysis. NFL Rewind is handy

OCinBuffalo

I think some people have too much time on their hands and need to get a real job.
:lol: Unworthy of a serious reply.

I will admit...it's hard to tell what is real sometimes. Sometimes I wake up and think I'm in California, and it seems real...but it isn't. Sometimes when I'm there, I think I'm here, and that rocks, because when I figure it out, I get to sleep for 3 more hours. Am I talking to Ze Germans at 3 am today...or tomorrow...wait, that is tomorrow, isn't it? "Is this a...what day is this?" http://www.metacafe...._estate_part_3/ :lol:

My drinking...both here, there, and everywhere, doesn't help this condition at all, but it does make it more tolerable.

I just wanted to add comments about Rewind...absolutely loving watching a game without the commercials! What do you mean by "need to scale"?

Ahh...an unsuspecting IT question! Woe to those who don't realize they are asking IT people about IT. :lol:

Now...I can bore you to death or, I can just tell you: they need to improve the performance of their system. It's possible that they haven't properly anticipated the "work load"(we just call it load) that their system has to handle/sold more than they thought they would, etc. Thus, "scaling" is improving the amount of "work" a system can do per second, via more hardware, better software, or both. Sometimes scaling is straightforward, sometimes management is lazy/cheap about it, and sometimes it's like basing a plan...on the weather in Fall/Spring. :wallbash:

This may also have nothing to do with NFL.com....since I saw my ISP(internet) had it's people working outside my place today.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Peter King just picked the Browns to win and raved about their run defense especially D'Qwell Jackson. Of course, the Bills may lose - I have not problem with that part of

his prediction but his raving about the run part is inconsistent with the Review here (#2 Defense Summary) which does not rave and, in fact, says we will likely get 3 yards plus per run. Anyone else have a feel for the Browns run defense?

Peter King needs to remember that if Fitz is on, no amount of run defense will save the Browns from their horrible, horrible, Dick Jauron, give up 8 yards on 1st down because of a 10 yard cushion, pass defense. In fact, our "normal"? offense is designed from the ground up to beat this defense.

I'm not sure about the analysis that "the Brows have a great run" defense...as much as they have such an awful pass defense, that teams only feel the need to run on them for short yardage, and "keep them honest" purposes.

It could be a statistical mirage, and one I have no interest in disproving: do the same thing that the Bungles did. Throw it on them over and over, and only run it when you feel like it.

It worked for the Bungles, who were up by at least 2 scores, twice in the game, but then they Bungled...both times. Once with an freebie INT, and once with a bad run and 2 god awful throws in a row.

Peter King just picked the Browns to win and raved about their run defense especially D'Qwell Jackson. Of course, the Bills may lose - I have not problem with that part of

his prediction but his raving about the run part is inconsistent with the Review here (#2 Defense Summary) which does not rave and, in fact, says we will likely get 3 yards plus per run. Anyone else have a feel for the Browns run defense?

They've given up 115 yds per game for the 1st 2 games,not exactly stellar -4.2 YPA. Run 3x and you move the chains.

They've also given up 300 yds per game passing, which might indicate teams are too busy passing on them to run

Ahh...an unsuspecting IT question! Woe to those who don't realize they are asking IT people about IT. :lol:

Now...I can bore you to death or, I can just tell you: they need to improve the performance of their system. It's possible that they haven't properly anticipated the "work load"(we just call it load) that their system has to handle/sold more than they thought they would, etc. Thus, "scaling" is improving the amount of "work" a system can do per second, via more hardware, better software, or both. Sometimes scaling is straightforward, sometimes management is lazy/cheap about it, and sometimes it's like basing a plan...on the weather in Fall/Spring. :wallbash:

This may also have nothing to do with NFL.com....since I saw my ISP(internet) had it's people working outside my place today.

I have rewind and All-22 as well... I would think a lot of the "load" could be because they did just offer a free preview for the week. Probably incured more traffic than they normally have. Although I thought week 1 of it was even worse, week 2 improved the overall performance I thought. I guess we'll have to see how this week goes.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought it might mean that the resolution was not up to par. I haven't had any issues yet. I have redone my front room in the house as my media room, with a projector and motorized 120" screen, played through a touch screen PC. The visual quality is definately not as sharp as it could be but is lightyears beyond what it used to be. They have come a long way in a short time and I am loving it.

I always was a proponent of ala-carte programming instead of packages with tons of stuff you don't want, so the rapidly growing internet as entertainment provider, especially in sports, is fantastic. I happen to be a Bills fan who now lives in Florida (not by choice, I'm being held here against my will), so having access to these games...even a couple days delayed...is great. The bonus of the games lasting less than 2 hours and no long commercial breaks is icing on the cake.