Why Does Gailey Hate the Run?

MVJim

I cannot understand why Chan Gailey abandons the run so quickly no matter how successful it can be. We have 2 very good running backs in Fred Jackson & C.J. Spiller while our receiving corps after Steve Johnson along with our quarterback Fitzpatrick are average at best and yet we keep playing to our weakness. A good coach uses his strengths to his advantage yet Chan is apparently very stubborn. Please start running the ball.

first of all... whats with everyones icons.. been totally out of the loop on that

also... Dont know if you were watching the same game.. when they are up by mass amounts of points.. running isnt great, its the first game also and freddy got injured pretty quickly so we only have 1 very good runner, and he had a great game, besides that fumble... When you are down by a lot, you have to pass, when its 3-6 or 3-8 .. you have to pass. Not blaming gailey on his running calls. I blame the D for the horrible playing and bad play calls

I blame Gailey for not running from ye start. Maybe on first drive he should have considered, maybe the second? And the thing that pisses me off most even though we scored is when cj breaks off 50 something yard run and choice gets out in thee game. I don't know what gaileys infatuation with him is but I can't stand it. Did it end of last year when cj was starting too.

My comment did not have anything to do with what you need to do when down by a ton of points. Of course you have to pass. But, please do not tell me Chan LOVES TO RUN. They had the most 4 receiver spread formations in the league last season and almost doubled the 2nd team. That shows a total lack of commitment to the run. Now, if you have Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Aaron Rodgers, that formation may be justified. But we have Fitz with a bunch of average receivers other than Stevie. Jackson did get hurt today but Gailey's decommitment to the run has been prsent so quite some time.