Keep 4 game preseason. Perfect balance of risk.

Fred Jackson toiled in Europe and Arena Ball...

For decades there's been chatter as to whether the NFL needs 4 preseason/exhibition games. I believe that the 4 games bf official games are crucial and extremely important to true football fans. The "vanilla unimportant mess" is exciting when one determines the spirit of youth and the capture of a young mans dream as oppose to the team competitive quality or scoreboard. Regardless if you are a professional coach or a chip slob at home true men understand and can clearly see effort. This view of effort is very democratic and objective, it makes things fair. Its not a perfect determining factor but it is exuded in the the preseason games. Candidates take risks w/ opportunities. The old and injured are ran off and the new can make mistakes that are fatal to their career. There are the high profile drafts and there are hungry scrubs that may make something happen in those 4 games. Its just enough for underlings to take away entitlements. ex: Rookie QB in Seattle. It allows the Stars, Drafts, Free agents and gong show tryouts to sort it out on the field. The Cream rises over the 4 games and can have a significant impact on the season strategy.

preseason 1. welcome back orientation w top drafts and free agents plugged in. "lots of work and we were sloppy out there"

preseason 2. Camp injuries necessitate plugging in unprovens "surprised by that free agent might make the team"

Preseason 3. The ones must execute and play long enough to determine whether they are gelling as a unit. "No position is secure at point. We are gonna need so and so to get healthy"

Preseason 4. The cuts have already been predetermined bf kick off lol BUT will someone make a fool of the position coach and now does GOD/HEAD COACH/MANAGER make a correction to keep that surprise performance?

What we see as fans is the same thing that the coaches see as to effort and desire and might as well throw confidence in there as well. Will they risk their Jobs and go against performance rationale regardless of contracts, vet status and draft position? Well it will cost them fan money if they do something unfair. (Fred Jackson was never a preseason controversy bc the coaches never even gave him that chance. But I use him as an example of the ppls choice not the coaches preference.(spiller)

4 meaningless games? No I dont think so bc what takes place when attempting to get through gates has a greater lesson to teach then watching a team play 16 (+playoffs ) and make it to a Super Bowl. 2 games would not be enough for justice to shine.

Yeah I think that 4 pre-season games is ideal.

Game 1- Warm up couple of drives for the starters, and tons of snaps for unproven and second string guys

Game 2- More snaps for starters who are starting to warm up for the season and still ton of snaps for the bench players.

Game 3- Official Warm up for the season starters play most of the game dress rehearsal, primary backups get some work in.

Game 4- A couple drives for the starters to stay fresh and then the last chance for players to make the roster.

Games 1 and 4 are mostly for the backups but it allows for games 2 and 3 to be the primary for the starters. It makes sense to me overall. If they cut it to two pre-season games it makes it means less reps overall. Yeah pre-season sucks but its a needed evil.