Playing GM

djp14150

What I think happened on Sunday/Monday.......

The Bills coaches went through their roster and started ranking players on the roster to decide who were the final 53.

they likely have a core number of players per position such as this:

offense= 22 2 QB, 4 RB, 8 OL, 8 WR/TE

defense= 22 7 DL, 6 LB, 9 DB

3 ST

47 players.....

from there they keep their best 6 players. based on special teams, value/salary, potential, likelihood of them being able to sign them to the PS.

under different scenarios in ranking players they found Merriman (Moore passed Merriman) just wasnt going to make the team because other players were more valuable......thus his release. Had he been paying the league minimum for his experience he may have been kept. This is also Why i think Kelsey is on the bubble because of his salary.

Looking at the roster there appears to be some depth with OL, LB, and CB. in the scenarios they may feel the need to carry 9/10 OL, 7 LB, or 9/10 DB.

They want to hold on to some of their picks this year in the draft (OT Sanders from FSU and the CB Brooks from LSU)...thus taking up extra roster spots.

Or as some people are hoping they wanted to open up a spot for Tavaris Jackson..

What I think happened on Sunday/Monday.......

The Bills coaches went through their roster and started ranking players on the roster to decide who were the final 53.

they likely have a core number of players per position such as this:

offense= 22 2 QB, 4 RB, 8 OL, 8 WR/TE

defense= 22 7 DL, 6 LB, 9 DB

3 ST

47 players.....

from there they keep their best 6 players. based on special teams, value/salary, potential, likelihood of them being able to sign them to the PS.

under different scenarios in ranking players they found Merriman (Moore passed Merriman) just wasnt going to make the team because other players were more valuable......thus his release. Had he been paying the league minimum for his experience he may have been kept. This is also Why i think Kelsey is on the bubble because of his salary.

Looking at the roster there appears to be some depth with OL, LB, and CB. in the scenarios they may feel the need to carry 9/10 OL, 7 LB, or 9/10 DB.

They want to hold on to some of their picks this year in the draft (OT Sanders from FSU and the CB Brooks from LSU)...thus taking up extra roster spots.

Or as some people are hoping they wanted to open up a spot for Tavaris Jackson..

That's why I say "see ya" to all past draft maybes and shoulda-coulda-bins...sorry for all the fans of the non-visible Bills of the last 3 years. It's the final purge of the old, and time to wager on the young guys they just picked.

I think we were all taken aback by the Merriman trade, and so were the Bills players, frankly. That was a classic leadership stroke by Nix. Cut off the head of one of your top lieutenants and the rest fall into line without question. Sun Tzu would be proud.

From that will arise a fine performance tomorrow and into the regular season. Injuries and talent take over from there.

It's purely supply and demand now that we're more confident of our starting units, and the players heard the Channixley warning shot over the bow.