Cleveland thinking about Travis

VABills

The first thing Cleveland Browns will do is hire a GM. Doubt TH is going to a team that drafted a RB in the 2004 draft.

I think travis henry will be a bill in 2005. His value went down because he is injury prone.

The first thing Cleveland Browns will do is hire a GM. Doubt TH is going to a team that drafted a RB in the 2004 draft.

I think travis henry will be a bill in 2005. His value went down because he is injury prone.

186378[/snapback]

They didnt draft a RB in 04, they did in 02(green, 1st round, 16th overall i think), and in 03(Suggs, 4th round i believe).

That would mean Clevelnad robbed us blind.

A upper half of the 2nd round pick is the bare minimum. After that you start adding bonus picks into the mix.

186384[/snapback]

The Patriots only gave up a 2nd rounder for Corey Dillon and Travis Henry is nowhere near the same RB as Dillon is. A 3rd rounder is optimistic I think. Also, the Rams only gave up...what was it...a 2nd rounder for Marshall Faulk? Is Travis in the same group as those two in their primes when they were traded?

The Patriots only gave up a 2nd rounder for Corey Dillon and Travis Henry is nowhere near the same RB as Dillon is.  A 3rd rounder is optimistic I think.  Also, the Rams only gave up...what was it...a 2nd rounder for Marshall Faulk?  Is Travis in the same group as those two in their primes when they were traded?

186422[/snapback]

He has 2 1300 yard seasons under his belt AND hes only 26 so he is pretty marketable.

The Patriots only gave up a 2nd rounder for Corey Dillon and Travis Henry is nowhere near the same RB as Dillon is.  A 3rd rounder is optimistic I think.  Also, the Rams only gave up...what was it...a 2nd rounder for Marshall Faulk?  Is Travis in the same group as those two in their primes when they were traded?

186422[/snapback]

Then again Miami gave up a 3rd rounder for Lamar Gordon. I wouldn't put Gorden's value anywhere near Henry's. It all depends on how desperate a team is.

presicely

186746[/snapback]

Yes. and the fact that TD does NOT have to trade or cut TH next season gives

him the leverage not the opposing team. (That is in fact what got the Pats

a 1st round for DB, as BB insisted that they could fit DB in their cap without

any problems). Also, I don't think it is a locker issue, as the bills could

completely ignore TH and allow him to rot if they chose to.

Guest BackInDaDay

Travis Henry has done more than enough to earn the respect of any Bills fan who has a clue about the sacrifices this game demands. That said, I don't think he could thrive in this offense as a starter any longer. Trade him during the off-season to a team who can incorporate his hard-hitting quickness into their O. He deserves the opportunity to play where he can succeed, but don't expect more than a 3rd round pick for him. His toughness and frailty are a daunting combination that both appeal to, and frighten, interested GMs.

I'm hoping TD chooses McGahee's backup with a 3rd or 4th round '05 pick. He'll find him in a smaller program that runs a pro-style O, whose running game depends on the tailback sensing, in a split-second, how a play is developing and 'feels' where the daylight will be. He won't just see hi-lites of a kid taking the hand-off and running 60 yards untouched. He'll see hi-lites of a kid that makes something happen when he 'feels' a crease where it shouldn't be, and is athletic and strong enough to get through it. Then he'll have himself a 2nd stringer who can be an effective backup in our O for years to come.

Travis Henry has done more than enough to earn  the respect of any Bills fan who has a clue about the sacrifices this game demands. That said, I don't think he could thrive in this offense as a starter any longer.  Trade him during the off-season to a team who can incorporate his hard-hitting quickness into their O.  He deserves the opportunity to play where he can succeed, but don't expect more than a 3rd round pick for him.  His toughness and frailty are a daunting combination that both appeal to, and frighten, interested GMs.

I'm hoping TD chooses McGahee's backup with a 3rd or 4th round '05 pick.  He'll find him in a smaller program that runs a pro-style O, whose running game depends on  the tailback sensing, in a split-second, how a play is developing and 'feels' where the daylight will be.  He won't just see hi-lites of a kid taking the hand-off and running 60 yards untouched. He'll see hi-lites of a kid that makes something happen when he 'feels' a crease where it shouldn't be, and is athletic and strong enough to get through it.  Then he'll have himself a 2nd stringer who can be an effective backup in our O for years to come.

186780[/snapback]

nice post

....what college program do have in mind to find this guy? i know of a few like virginia, miami and usc run a pro style. all of which can produce quality halfbacks and in those programs they use multiple hb's so their used to splittin time.

That would be nice, but it's not very realistic. The draft and FA market is deep at RB currently and Trav probably won't agree to a trade without the other team making some sort of extension offer on his deal.

186099[/snapback]

I don't think he has a no-trade clause.