Jags release Drew Colemen - would be a good pickup for the Bills

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely positive. Bryan Scott blitzed from the Nickel almost exclusively. The only time he blitzed from Safety is when he was pulled up in run support.

McKelvin was 0/2 on blitzes and he only played 9 games I believe.

If the Bills blitz their corners only 5 times in a season, were in for more trouble than anyone knows. Part of blitzing a corner is not just to sack the QB, but to keep the tackles honest.

I was an assistant to my father who was a BLESTO scout for the majority of his career in the NFL. He worked with Jack Butler (former steeler, now the head of the combine) for many years.

Scott may have been a CB in the Nickel, but he is a safety not a cb.

Not really trying to argue symantics.

I really do not believe with the Bills front line blitzing will be necessary. I am sorry, but the Bills spent a lot of money on the Dline not just with Mario and Anderson this year, but also Williams Dareus and Kelsay. Throw Merriman in there and those guys are going to be asked to get pressure.

So it takes me back to my original point, a good blitzing corner is not something this team needs to use one of the 53 men spots.

And McKelvin being 0/2 is not surprising, was it the Raiders game? He probably tackled the ref...i mean they do wear black and white(looks kinda like black and silver).

having said all that, it is good to have you here.

i enjoy the discussions

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

I really do not believe with the Bills front line blitzing will be necessary. I am sorry, but the Bills spent a lot of money on the Dline not just with Mario and Anderson this year, but also Williams Dareus and Kelsay. Throw Merriman in there and those guys are going to be asked to get .

I hope you're right. I would be a very happy man.