Bills Sign UFA from UB

Not sure how many UB sports fans are on this board but as a graduate of UB and a fan of the football and basketball programs, this is interesting to say the least:

http://www.wgrz.com/sports/article/167380/4/Former-UB-Guard-Byron-Mulkey-Gets-Tryout-with-Bills

My thoughts? Definitely thinking outside-the-box, and it might not amount to much anyways, but Byron is a really good guy and obviously has some athletic gifts (I knew him a little bit from my time at UB). Just probably a case of turning over every stone - which is never a bad thing.

Does make me wonder what all of the ACTUAL UB football players who never got an NFL shot are thinking though...

I'm a big UB fan and this is surprising. Has to be quite the long shot having not played football for so long. Marcus Rivers, a WR for UB from Lakawanna signed a UDFA deal with the Packers, joining friend James Starks. UB has a nice string of players in the NFL. Trevor Scott, Starks, Naaman Roosevelt, Jamey Richard, etc. Not sure how many more will get the chance with the moron coaching them now.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Lurker, I hope you're right sir. I was a sophomore when the team won the MAC championship and it was a great time to be a Bulls fan. Since then, not so much... That said, there is a linebacker they have Khalil Mack who will certainly be drafted in the 2014 draft (possibly as a mid-round pick) and carry on some tradition.

I always was hoping Davonte Shannon would get another shot too [Thinks to myself: Wouldn't he have a better chance than Byron Mulkey??]

Edited by damaynman150

With a new AD coming in next year, that problem will be rectified...

We can only hope they get an AD who knows what they are doing. That said Coach Quinn is under contract for at least 2 more seasons. UB can't afford to buy him out like the big boys can.

Lurker, I hope you're right sir. I was a sophomore when the team won the MAC championship and it was a great time to be a Bulls fan. Since then, not so much... That said, there is a linebacker they have Khalil Mack who will certainly be drafted in the 2014 draft (possibly as a mid-round pick) and carry on some tradition.

I always was hoping Davonte Shannon would get another shot too [Thinks to myself: Wouldn't he have a better chance than Byron Mulkey??]

Whatever happened to Domonic Cook? He was injured in training camp last year. Does he get invited back to SJF this year?

PTR

We can only hope they get an AD who knows what they are doing. That said Coach Quinn is under contract for at least 2 more seasons. UB can't afford to buy him out like the big boys can.

If they want a high profile up-and-coming AD (like Warde), I wouldn't bet against it...