Some quick thoughts re draft so far

jahnyc

1. The Bills continue to like college players from the South: South Carolina, Georgia and NC State are the schools we have drafted from so far in this draft.

2. Drafting Gilmore confirms what we all knew: McKelvin is a huge bust (joining Maybin and Lynch (at least for the Bills)).

3. The Bills always do something weird on draft day. This year it is T.J. Graham, who was a huge reach and makes little sense in the third round.

4. I hope the Bills re-sign Levitre. If Glenn cannot handle LT or RT, maybe he will be the replacement for Urbick and Rhinehart, who are both free agents after this season.

5. Some draft people have criticized Glenn for not having the football intelligence to handle edge rushers. Can someone translate and explain to me what this means?

6. We really have drafted for need rather than BPA, although I have no idea who we would have drafted if Gilmore had also been gone.

7. I hope the Bills take care of Fred soon.

1. The Bills continue to like college players from the South: South Carolina, Georgia and NC State are the schools we have drafted from so far in this draft.

2. Drafting Gilmore confirms what we all knew: McKelvin is a huge bust (joining Maybin and Lynch (at least for the Bills)).

3. The Bills always do something weird on draft day. This year it is T.J. Graham, who was a huge reach and makes little sense in the third round.

4. I hope the Bills re-sign Levitre. If Glenn cannot handle LT or RT, maybe he will be the replacement for Urbick and Rhinehart, who are both free agents after this season.

5. Some draft people have criticized Glenn for not having the football intelligence to handle edge rushers. Can someone translate and explain to me what this means?

6. We really have drafted for need rather than BPA, although I have no idea who we would have drafted if Gilmore had also been gone.

7. I hope the Bills take care of Fred soon.

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Surprised for sure but I do not understand by what logic casual fans like the ones on TSW (myself included) can identify a player as a "reach" as soon as they are drafted. Just because of what these "experts" say? If Stevie Johnson would have been drafted in the 2nd round in 2008 instead of James Hardy at the Bills selection i guarantee that almost everyone would say that that was a HUGE reach. Although in hindsight we all know now that Johnson would definitely be worth a 2nd round pick and Hardy (who was considered fair enough value at the time) would probably not even be selected. SO HOW MUCH CAN WE REALLY SAY WE KNOW?.... WE KNOW NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. I feel that Nix will make an effort to resign them (he thought enough of them this year to put high tenders on them) and that they will both be with the team next year. If that does not prevail, however, you are correct to assume that Glenn can be a possible replacement

5. It is just pure BS. No one knows anything; they just try and make it sound like they do for attention. Last year Newton was said to not have the intelligence to make it by many "draft people" and it turned out he was an absolute stud in his rookie year. He was highly intelligent as a QB his rookie year and by far exceeded any realistic expectations placed on him. So in translation all that these "draft people" see is complete nonsense lol. If they knew what they were talking about they would be an NFL GM with the most talented team in the league year in and year out because they are incapable of making mistakes.

6. I disagree here. I believe that the Bills drafted THEIR best player available even if the "draft experts" boards do not show it. Nix stated that he had Gilmore rated around the 10th spot and definitely found the value there and was VERY surprised that Glenn was on the board (and for what it's worth Glenn was rated as a first round prospect by "experts"). Graham was obviously a surprise but clearly the Bills felt he was the BPA at that spot as they moved up a couple to get him. Sometimes BPA and need can coincide ;)

7. As do I and I have complete faith in Buddy Nix to resign Fred since he has already given him his word that he will

GO BILLS!!!

as for glenn, he played 1 season at LT. and from what ive read he came along as the season progressed and was very good late and at the senior bowl.

and if he doesnt work out, hairston showed he can play there as well as levitre, who was a LT in college.