Something I Didn't Know

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

It's not THAT much out of the federal budget... NASA gets a hell of a lot more!! :angry:

Seriously, I did not know that. Wow, thanks! GRRRRRRRRR

Take Action

That's some dirty stuff, there.

13312[/snapback]

Darin,

That's the real reason these 3rd parties want to get the 5%. Has nothing to do with anything more then getting the federal funds. A lot of nepotism can occur when you have $75 million to campaign, and another $15 million to throw a party. :angry:

Actually with all the security, etc... $15 million out of our pocket isn't that much.

You mean to tell me that the 2 big parties in charge have set it up so that the system gives a huge advantage to them?  NO WAY!  The next thing you'll try to convince me of is that there is a large contingent of lemmings on both sides following their parties blindly.

13327[/snapback]

No Way!

How are you gonna get the masses to reform the beast? Does there have to be a revolt?

Darin,

That's the real reason these 3rd parties want to get the 5%.  Has nothing to do with anything more then getting the federal funds.  A lot of nepotism can occur when you have $75 million to campaign, and another $15 million to throw a party.  <_<

Actually with all the security, etc...  $15 million out of our pocket isn't that much.

13344[/snapback]

You're right. That's the reason the parties should be paying for it out of their OWN coffers. They've raised what? A half billion each?

Sorry, there's no way the American taxpayer should be footing the bill. Constitution, schmonstitution.

Darin,

That's the real reason these 3rd parties want to get the 5%.  Has nothing to do with anything more then getting the federal funds.  A lot of nepotism can occur when you have $75 million to campaign, and another $15 million to throw a party.  <_<

Actually with all the security, etc...  $15 million out of our pocket isn't that much.

13344[/snapback]

It is still wasteful and imprudent. I wish they would adhere to the set of ethics they lay out for everyone else in the government.

I can't take a gift over 20 bucks and this crap goes on? :doh:

Hay wait? Was that bottle of Southern Comfort from that southbound yacht on the up and up?

Ooops... probably $19.95?

Darin is absolutely right... Completely cut the apron strings when it comes to this.

It is still wasteful and imprudent.  I wish they would adhere to the set of ethics they lay out for everyone else in the government.

I can't take a gift over 20 bucks and this crap goes on? <_<

Hay wait?  Was that bottle of Southern Comfort from that southbound yacht on the up and up?

Ooops... probably $19.95?

Darin is absolutely right... Completely cut the apron strings when it comes to this.

13365[/snapback]

Ah, the old "Do as I say, not as I do." Loved that when I was in the military.