Recent History Shows....

I enjoy reading about (and participating in) debates over who the Bills should take at #10. But honestly, the best pick the Bills could make is.... whoever Buddy & Co select tomorrow night. Take a look at the Bills history of making first round draft picks (not new news here, for sure, but it's worth taking a peak at:

http://www.databasefootball.com/draft/draftteam.htm?tm=BUF&lg=NFL

You could argue that the last two first rounders, the only two that were made by Buddy, are AT LEAST in the top 5 of their first round picks since 1996 (Moulds), and after another year or two they might be the cream of the crop. There's no reason to think this trend will not continue. So whoever they select, I'll be excited about it.

I get it, we've spent the last 15 years questioning every draft decision, and for good reason. But it appears the person steering the ship knows exactly what they're doing, so we should just sit back, relax and watch the pick become an difference maker for our up and coming Bills.

Edited by BuffaloATL

I enjoy reading about (and participating in) debates over who the Bills should take at #10. But honestly, the best pick the Bills could make is.... whoever Buddy & Co select tomorrow night. Take a look at the Bills history of making first round draft picks (not new news here, for sure, but it's worth taking a peak at:

http://www.databasefootball.com/draft/draftteam.htm?tm=BUF&lg=NFL

You could argue that the last two first rounders, the only two that were made by Buddy, are AT LEAST in the top 5 of their first round picks since 1996 (Moulds), and after another year or two they might be the cream of the crop. There's no reason to think this trend will not continue. So whoever they select, I'll be excited about it.

I get it, we've spent the last 15 years questioning every draft decision, and for good reason. But it appears the person steering the ship knows exactly what they're doing, so we should just sit back, relax and watch the pick become an difference maker for our up and coming Bills.

True, but you know that no matter who gets picked, 20% will support the pick and the other 80% will be "they should have picked__________________."

Edited by jjmac

This list puts things in perspective as well.

All this pre-draft buildup and all I got was a [fill in the blank]...

I read that list too. There are some other ones that didn't make the top 10 but were still respectable (Jacob Greene comes to mind).