Decisions, decisions.....

Lori

Take three "keepers" from the following list:

QB: Steve McNair

RB: Priest Holmes, Fred Taylor, Kevan Barlow, Quentin Griffin, Willis McGahee

WR: Darrell Jackson, Eric Moulds

Combo yardage/TD league, no separate TE category (they count as WRs), can play either 3RB/3WR or 2/4. Last year's keepers were PH, FT, and Moulds.

Holmes is obvious. Taylor is most likely #2. Keep in mind, I'm either drafting 11th or 12th in a 12-team league (tied for points title last season, haven't done the coin flip yet. And that means 11/12 in EVERY round, not at the top of round 2/4/6/etc....) I might try to move Barlow or Griffin to get a higher pick, but our league doesn't do a lot of trading.

Conflicted as to whether to protect 3 RB and draft the best QB or WR in round 1, or maybe keep McNair. (If you believe the various "cheat sheets", my top 3 RBs are also the three highest-ranked players...)

Thoughts?

I'd seriously consider keeping Darrel Jackson as the 3rd, in addition to Taylor and Holmes. He's an up and coming talent at WR. Moulds is good and McNair is coming off a great season as well, which makes the choice that much tougher (it is very hard to give up 2 outstanding players for a guy who hasn't performed as well to date). For me, it would come down to one of the three (Moulds, McNair, Jackson).

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Holmes, McNair, and Jackson. Go with PROVEN guys. Taylor is very risky, Barlow is playing for a team with little threat with the pass, Griffin is hurt and unproven, Moulds won't get enough yards, and McGahee is splitting carries.

Id keep:

Priest Holmes, Fred Taylor, Kevan Barlow

Why not have 3 of the better RB's? And where are you picking in the draft? Especially if you pick early on, you can affoed to make this kind of move and take the best WR avail...if you leave Jackson and Moulds avail and pick 2nd, you can just grab them again in the draft

Keep the top 3 RBs. QB is an incredibly deep position this year and the only WRs worth keeping in your scenario would be Moss, Harrison or Owens. I've been in two keeper league drafts this year and good players like Trent Green and Brad Johnson have slipped to the 10th round and below. You can never, ever have enough RBs, especially when you have three of the elite. Worst case scenario, you trade one for a premier WR.

Thanx for the opinions, all. Right now it's down to my gut instinct as to whether or not the 49ers will be in enough games to get Barlow his carries, or if they'll be so horrendous that they'll be throwing the ball on every down after halftime...... it's between him and Jackson, because I seriously think the 'Squawks could be a Super Bowl team (with DJ being a big part of that offense).

Flip-floppin' away on that. Ah well, still got almost 24 hours....

Take three "keepers" from the following list:

QB: Steve McNair

RB: Priest Holmes, Fred Taylor, Kevan Barlow, Quentin Griffin, Willis McGahee

WR: Darrell Jackson, Eric Moulds

13198[/snapback]

UPDATE: Protected Holmes, Taylor, Jackson. Barlow went at the #1 pick in the draft (after all protections, so that would = the top of round 4).

And even though I drafted last, I got both McNair and Moulds back....

:rolleyes:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.