Lavonte David OLB Nebraska

If you can get an impact, starter in the 2nd - especially at a position of need, you do it. Lavonte David would be a perfect fit for us, added to Barnett and Sheppard, would make our LB corps a solid trio, instead of a liability, which it is now. I just don't think David will still be there for us in the 2nd. I sure hope he is, but if not I hope the Bills have the option on another LB early, one who can HIT, and cover.

On SportsCenter today, Kiper and McShay were each asked to name a 2nd round pick with "1st round value." Kiper talked up David as a 43 OLB before McShay laughed and suggested that he had pegged David as a 1st round value before Kiper had, though they seemed to think he would last until early 2nd round.

He's listed as either 6'0 or 6'1, 225 lbs. but Kiper said he's now around 233. Sounds like a guy who knows how to get to the ballcarrier and set the edge and is also good in man coverage. Sounds like his size makes it tough to shed blocks.

Here's a scouting report from buffalobillsdraft.com (a very cool site).

And here's another writeup with combine numbers (link).

Thoughts? He seems like a potential fit for Wannstedt's D from where I sit.

In their latest Mock Draft on Friday, Sirius NFL Radio's Pat Kirwin & Tim Ryan had the Bills taking Floyd in the 1st Round & David in the 2nd Round. I don't believe that too many people here would be overly disappointed if that actually happened.