Anyone here a plumber or deals with drain tile?

zevo

I have a question that I know nothing about....I live in a development and out by the road I have two vent pipes on the opposite sides of my lot....the one is clear and dry and the other is filled with water...It looks like these are pipes that drain water from the house into the sewer system.....why might the one be filled with water....someone brought this to my attention and didn't know what was wrong but knew that it shouldn't be filled with water....When we had our pool put in a year and half ago the equipment ran over the top of this vent and a bunch if rocks and mud got down in there....is it possible the drain got clogged that dumps into the sewer and as a result is flowing up over the top....Who would I call?

I have a question that I know nothing about....I live in a development and out by the road I have two vent pipes on the opposite sides of my lot....the one is clear and dry and the other is filled with water...It looks like these are pipes that drain water from the house into the sewer system.....why might the one be filled with water....someone brought this to my attention and didn't know what was wrong but knew that it shouldn't be filled with water....When we had our pool put in a year and half ago the equipment ran over the top of this vent and a bunch if rocks and mud got down in there....is it possible the drain got clogged that dumps into the sewer and as a result is flowing up over the top....Who would I call?

In both Amherst and the Town of Tonawanda, these drainage systems take the gutter water from the house, out to the storm sewer that runs underneath the street. The vents near the curb are there to allow the rain water coming from the house a place to go when the storm sewer is too full to take the water, or just can't take if quickly enough. These are commonly called bubblers, as the water bubbles out of them when the sewer is full. Commonly, there are leaves, tree, roots, mud, etc. that can clog up the pipe. I was able to use a shop vac to clean out the water from the pipe, and then tried using a snake to get through to the sewer. This didn't help, so I called the town of Amherst. They sent out a truck that cleans out the connection via water pressure. It worked fine for about six months, and then was filling up with water again. I called again, and they replaced the vent and connection to the sewer, as it was their responsibility. It was pretty much plugged solid with mud.

Best thing to do would be to call the town and see who is responsible for it.

In both Amherst and the Town of Tonawanda, these drainage systems take the gutter water from the house, out to the storm sewer that runs underneath the street. The vents near the curb are there to allow the rain water coming from the house a place to go when the storm sewer is too full to take the water, or just can't take if quickly enough. These are commonly called bubblers, as the water bubbles out of them when the sewer is full. Commonly, there are leaves, tree, roots, mud, etc. that can clog up the pipe. I was able to use a shop vac to clean out the water from the pipe, and then tried using a snake to get through to the sewer. This didn't help, so I called the town of Amherst. They sent out a truck that cleans out the connection via water pressure. It worked fine for about six months, and then was filling up with water again. I called again, and they replaced the vent and connection to the sewer, as it was their responsibility. It was pretty much plugged solid with mud.

Best thing to do would be to call the town and see who is responsible for it.

thank you so much for this response....is there any damage that can be caused from this clog?

thank you so much for this response....is there any damage that can be caused from this clog?

If the rest of the underground system on your property is working properly, the water should just come out the bubbler near the curb.