How a Miami Trade-Up Helps The Bills

Astrobot

Miami I would not be surprised if they try to make a splash of sorts somehow at qb. does it look like someone will have a potential starter to trade after the draft to miami? Otherwise they want to stir up the fan base that is lagging right now i read and assume. B A , if the trading gets started early? say 3-4th pick i might expect it to get heated up. That would make this draft very exciting, or nerve racking at least!

They need a "sexy pick" like a "franchise QB" to get their "fan base" "excited" and take some heat off themselves due to their horrible offseason, inept GM and anemic roster.

They'd almost have to trade to No. 3 to ensure he's the pick. Look at last year's draft and how quickly the QBs went. If he's still there at 6-7, either the Rams or Jaguars could easily trade out of that position for a team that wants Tannehill, leaving the Fish empty. I believe the Fish are (wrongfully) sold on Tannehill, and will do what's necessary to land him. That likely means moving ahead of the Browns.

BA

If Tannehill actually does become a franchise QB, then the Dolphins will look like geniuses. It's almost impossible to overstate the value of a franchise QB. Look at how the Colts did with Manning versus how they did once he went down with that injury!

That being said, I haven't watched any college football this past year, so I don't claim to know how Tannehill will look as a pro. Gil Brandt rated him as one of the ten best available prospects. Maybe he's right, or maybe Tannehill is just another bust waiting to happen.

But as Astrobot pointed out, the nice thing about the Dolphins trading up to 3rd overall for Tannehill is that it makes it that much easier for the Bills to move up for Kalil. I'd love to see that happen! :thumbsup: (Except at the expense of picks from next year's draft. As far as I'm concerned, those picks shouldn't be part of the trade up discussion.)

if Miami moves to 3 to draft a Tannehil... then likely...

4 - Browns - Richardson

5 - Bucs - Claiborne

6 - Rams - Blackmon

which means we need to really think about trading with Jax to get that 7 pick and Kalil

if Miami moves to 3 to draft Tannehil... worst case scenario...

4 - Browns - Richardson

5 - Bucs - Claiborne

6 - Rams - Kalil

which means we could trade with Jax and get Blackmon at 7 or just sit at 10 and do what we would have done if Miami didn't even make the trade (since the same players would be gone anyway)

Is this Buddy Nix? Great thinking, Buddy!