Decastro at because no other picks would have his impact

Ans.#1 - Block for the run and pass better than what's his name.

Ans. 2 - You don't "roll the dice" with the 10th overall pick. That's how we got Maybin and his load of potential. You go for the safe pick. Buddy is not operating Vegas East in Buffalo.

Ans 2 is incorrect. You roll the dice on every pick in every round of the draft. That is the nature of the NFL draft.

Since you bring Buddy into it, Buddy has been very clear that he believes in drafting Tackles and moving them to Guard. That is how he operates his NFL Franchise in Orchard Park, NY.

I don't know why anyone would expect the Bills to draft DeCastro, it ain't gonna happen.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well that's one argument - not without merit - but maybe one that overlooks how thin the Bills quickly became at every OL position last season when Bell, Hairston, Urbik, Levitre, Wood, etc., etc. all missed games to due injury.

Another point of view says that teams improve overall by improving at every position, and that if there's a guy that's a year-one starter and a likely Pro Bowl caliber player for the next 10 seasons, you don't reach for a positional player of lesser talent just to fill a perceived need.

Still another point of view says...

Kraig Urbik - Career Stats

Drafted 2009

Games played-20

Games stated- 12

Pro Bowls - 0

Eric Wood - Career Stats

Drafted 2009

Games played-33

Games stated- 33

Pro Bowls - 0

...that it's a bit short-sighted to think that an All Pro RG like DeCastro doesn't vastly improve both the Bills rushing offense AND pass protection.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to be undefeated...I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

I agree with the concept of taking the sure thing, I believe that DeCastro will be a good NFL player, possibly All-Pro.

I disagree that DeCastro is a vast improvement over Urbik. I believe DeCastro is an incremental improvement over Urbik. An improvement that would not significantly change the way the Bills' offense would function on the field of play.

The pick is too safe and won't have a huge impact in my opinion.

Not to mention that there is a slim to none chance that Buddy Nix would actually make the pick.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Ok I know He's not as big a position of Need but I am not sold on any of the talent that may be available at 10. Decastro has the makings to being a special guard in this League...maybe even Elite.I don't feel comfortable saying that about the others. It is just my opinion of course but why not take a player who seems like a surefire starter from day one as opposed to those available at tacle and WR that may be good. To me Decastro is a stud lineman and will make our OLine and team better from day 1.....thoughts?

The selection of Decastro at #10 would not shock me.