Top Intangibles

JPS

In today's NFL, it is rare that one can be effective at his job unless he is a hard worker, film junkie, etc. That mythical beer pounding player in the strip club does not exist. Even if it did, my point of this is to say that player would not be high on Buddy's list. Your list is irrelevant. So is mine.

I'm having a hard time quanifying which intangibles I think are most important....

Anyway, to me it seems the NFL is filled with guys who aren't to watching film and get by OK. We hear about the ones who fit your description (Brees, MAnning, Brady for example--but not Big BEn, Alex Smith, Vick, etc--as far as we know or can tell). It's probably true at every non QB position as well. Who are the likely film junkies on the Bills?

Also, the reason that so many injuries happen in camp and preseason (every year, not just last year) is because these guys don't uniformly prepare themselves for the season to start--maonly because they are not made to by their employer.

Ahhh my favorite topic, intangibles :) Not only am I not a big believer in intangibles, I'm not even a small believer in them.

For example, I don't care what a player does in his off time. Be it watching old superbowl reruns, going to strip clubs, or watching old superbowl reruns in a strip club. I also don't care if he rants and raves and goes nuts in a locker room, or quietly goes about his business. The one, and ONLY, thing I care about is how he performs on the field every game.

There are no absolutes when it comes to predicting how players will perform in the NFL (otherwise we would all be GMs :) ), but I believe comparisons between players like they do at the combine is considerably more meaningful than comparing their off field hobbies and habits. But YMMV.

Your contempt for intangibles is quite tangible.

It's obvious you never played or coached. The other stuff done outside the lines can and will effect you and possibly your teammates within the lines. Cancers are called that beacause of how can spread throughout the organization. 100 % disagree.

I think basically what CodeMonkey is saying is "Show me the Baby."

He doesn't care about the other stuff, whether it's relevant or not.

He doesn't care if Chris Kelsay is the hardest worker on the team.

For instance, it doesn't matter how much video Kelsay studies if he always loses containment on the naked bootleg… which he does.

I would not be suprised if Carder is a Bill in the 3rd. And as much as I do not like WalterFootball, I like their Bills draft. They keep giving us a guy named TY Hilton. Never heard of him.