If OT KALIL isn't taken by the VIkings

TheKidd

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given their won/loss record in buffalo I'm not at all concerned that they don't.

And of course you could have turned the Bills into a Super Bowl contender over the course of the last two years, given all the experience you have.

And of course you could have turned the Bills into a Super Bowl contender over the course of the last two years, given all the experience you have.

I could certainly have picked better and more valuable football players than they did, which is the issue of this post.

The bar for being a better coach is pretty low considering that we are doing so much worse than we were the year Jauron (not the greatest coach) left.

I could certainly have picked better and more valuable football players than they did, which is the issue of this post.

The bar for being a better coach is pretty low considering that we are doing so much worse than we were the year Jauron (not the greatest coach) left.

How are we doing so much worse?

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

At a minimum, you'd have to give up the second round pick to move from 10 to 4th...

Thus far, Dareus (third overall) appears to be significantly more valuable than Spiller (9th overall). If trading away a second round pick (Troupe) moves you out of Spiller territory and into Dareus territory, it could well be an acceptable price to pay.

I could easily see Kalil becoming a Pro Bowl-level LT; which would make him at least as valuable to the offense as Dareus is to the defense. It's hard to say who the Bills would take at 10th overall if they stayed put. Some have suggested they take a linebacker or an OG or even a running back! I think it's safe to say that none of those three players would make the contribution a Pro Bowl LT could make. Others have suggested the Bills take Floyd. The question there is whether his alcohol-related issues will return to haunt us. Then there are those who believe the Bills should take Gillmore. However, there are concerns that he might be better in zone coverage than in man-to-man. The bottom line is that if the Bills stay put at 10th overall, there's a strong chance the player they pick will have a Spiller-like level of contribution to the team, not a Dareus-like level.

Look at the record...a 6 win season and a 4 win season versus three 7 win seasons and a 6 win season. We aren't talking great coaching by any means, but I gotta side with Jauron when we compare the two.

New systems and new personnel usually mean bad records. I think we'll have a better playoff chance with Gailey than we ever did with Jauron.

Look at the record...a 6 win season and a 4 win season versus three 7 win seasons and a 6 win season. We aren't talking great coaching by any means, but I gotta side with Jauron when we compare the two.

You can invoke the old "you are what your record says you are" and that's perfectly legit.

But somewhere in life, and I'm not necessarily saying it's the case here… but somewhere in life you see examples of when the numbers don't match the performance.

It's a nice skill to have to be able to discern those moments.

But you think Jauron is a better coach than Gailey and that's fine.