Mike Montler: Center for Electric Company

"Montler doesn’t follow the NFL much these days.

“So much has changed,” Montler said. “There is so much media and hype and players need to get recognized. It didn’t happen when I played. You didn’t see O.J. rush for 2,000 yards, push his linemen away and get on his cellphone.

“If Juice behaved like some of the players you see today, he would’ve never got 2,000 yards.”

Damn, that was a great offensive line. It's funny, with all the talk about coming up with a nickname for our new defensive line, you forget how few offensive lines actually got nicknames. Other than the Electric Company and the Redskins' Hogs, I can't think of any.

"Montler doesn’t follow the NFL much these days.

“So much has changed,” Montler said. “There is so much media and hype and players need to get recognized. It didn’t happen when I played. You didn’t see O.J. rush for 2,000 yards, push his linemen away and get on his cellphone.

“If Juice behaved like some of the players you see today, he would’ve never got 2,000 yards.”

i hate when a player pushes away teammates so he can celebrate. I cringe whenever I see it, and can't believe a player doesn't realize how bad it looks.

i hate when a player pushes away teammates so he can celebrate. I cringe whenever I see it, and can't believe a player doesn't realize how bad it looks.

That might be my number one pet peeve when it comes to NFL players.

It's a team game and no player has success without his teammates.

Does he think that GMs and personnel guys won't appreciate his work if he doesn't celebrate?

It's so narcissistic and counter to the whole idea of football that it makes me sick.

Besides the "run away/push away teammates to preen in front of the camera celebration," I also hate TD celebrations when a player is so self-absorbed with his celebration that his teammates have to stand around looking like idiots for 10 seconds before they can congratulate him.