Nice Mario video

That's a great video!

Just one question, the Bills went 6-10 this past season and the NE and OAK games were wins simply because those two teams collapsed at the end.

How is the signing of Mario Williams going to bring us from 4-12 to anything more respectable?

News Link: Ralph Wilson is already cashing in.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Bills-ticket-office-extends-Saturday-March-17-hours/66d713ee-e6e9-4d49-a9df-ed7f6acdfb6e

ORCHARD PARK, NY – The Buffalo Bills announced due to high demand that the team’s ticket office will have extended hours tomorrow, Saturday, March 17th from 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM. Ticket representatives will be available to answer questions from prospective season-ticket holders about available seat locations inside Ralph Wilson Stadium.

Bills Chief Executive Officer Russ Brandon today announced that over 1,000 new season tickets were purchased and over 1,000 season tickets were renewed in the past 24 hours.

Can't wait to see a nice 3 minute video put together of him in a Bills uniform...

You first might want to see a 3 minute video of the cash registers at RWS to understand what the signing of Williams REALLY means.

I live in Syracuse.

I attend one home Bills game per year, if I can get a cheap ticket and can split the car gas with at least two other Bills fans.

I have not purchased any Bills clothing, trinkets, etc in at least 10 years.

I fell hook, line, an sinker for the Drew Bledsoe signing.

I won't fall for anything like that again!

And Bledsoe was on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball!!

One thing overlooked in all of this is Mario is very good against the run, too, which are almost half of the plays. Certain great pass rushers like Freeney and Jared Allen are not usually that good against the run and spend all of their time and energy trying to jump the snap and get after the QB in case it's a pass. Mario is huge, and stout.

That's a great video!

Just one question, the Bills went 6-10 this past season and the NE and OAK games were wins simply because those two teams collapsed at the end.

How is the signing of Mario Williams going to bring us from 4-12 to anything more respectable?

Those teams didn't "collapse at the end", the Bills overcame the deficit. The Bills were on a role, then injuries hit and the roof caved in. Mario will bring a pass rush which make the whole defense significantly better so those "collapses" will not be necessary. What did Bruce Smith do to help the Bills win Games. Did those 13 sacks a year really accomplish anything?

Edited by bisonbrigade

Mario will bring a pass rush which make the whole defense significantly better so those "collapses" will not be necessary. What did Bruce Smith do to help the Bills win Games. Did those 13 sacks a year really accomplish anything?

I'm one of the few Bills fans that flipped-out when mediocre QB Ryan Fitzpatrick was given such a sweet new salary cap compromising deal. Knowing full well that the offense, the unit responsible for putting points on the board, was screwed.

Hall of Fame Class of 2009 Bruce Smith in his prime couldn't compensate for that dumb contract extension.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was on fire until London Fletcher jacked up his ribs. You obviously didn't watch the first 7 games last year. Didn't notice when Wood, Jackson and Bell were injured is the same time the offense started to struggle. And you definitely didn't see Bruce n his prime and single handily take over games and dominate the opposing teams offense. I guessed you missed that. You need to lighten up and enjoy the show in 2012.

That's a great video!

Here's what you need to understand about the Mario Williams signing.

1. Yes, he will put more money in the Bills cash register. Is that a bad thing? Would you prefer the team lose money because their product sucks and no one wants to go to games. The NFL is a business first and foremost.

2. He makes life better for every other member of the defensive line. Williams is a beast and other teams offensive coordinators have to game plan for him. They cannot leave him single blocked. His speed and strength demands either 2 lineman, a TE or RB stay in to help out. That means that you have one less OL to block Kyle Williams or Marcell Darius. Now they have a real problem. Pick your poison. His very presence on the field makes the opposing team change their game plan.

3. Last season the Bills could not put any pressure on the QB with their front 4. They made even mediocre QB's look great. Hell they couldn't put pressure when they sometimes sent 5 or 6. With a legitimate DL, Wanny will have much more freedom to !@#$ with the QB''s head and nervous QB's make mistakes.

4. Our secondary will improve immensely with a decent pass rush. The difference between covering a WR for 4 seconds vs 6 seconds is an eternity in the NFL.

5. Better defense means more 3 and outs for the other team. More three and outs means more touches for the offense and more rest for the defense.

It's all good.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

You first might want to see a 3 minute video of the cash registers at RWS to understand what the signing of Williams REALLY means.

I live in Syracuse.

I attend one home Bills game per year, if I can get a cheap ticket and can split the car gas with at least two other Bills fans.

I have not purchased any Bills clothing, trinkets, etc in at least 10 years.

I fell hook, line, an sinker for the Drew Bledsoe signing.

I won't fall for anything like that again!

And Bledsoe was on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball!!

You need some sugar in your coffee. Sounds like it's bitter. Or maybe you should grind it up and put it in the freezer.

Since it's not in MW's job description to score TDs we need to focus on the offense.

This team can go only so far with wedding ring Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB.

His contract must be restructured and he must go.

Until that happens it's just Ralph Wilson making a lot of money off of the MW signing.

Since it's not in MW's job description to score TDs we need to focus on the offense.

Until that happens it's just Ralph Wilson making a lot of money off of the MW signing.

Oh, so this is all about hating Fitzpatrick.

Defense wins championships. The Giants, Bears, Ravens and Bucs have all won SB's riding their defense. In the early 90's the Bills had the hands down best offense in football. They went to four consecutive super bowls and got CRUSHED in 3 of them.

Let's give Fitz an entire season without broken ribs and with 2 legitimate WR's before we decide if he sucks.

Despite getting some timely turnovers, the defense was atrocious all year last year. The offense was not a problem with this team until all of the injuries. Even then, the defense was constantly putting the offense in huge holes by not being able to stop a nosebleed (i.e. the Dallas game that was 21-0 after three possessions). If the team can stay healthy and the defense can get its ass off the field once in while (which they will be able to, thanks in huge part to MW), The offense will be fine. They were able to start 5-2 last year because of the offense and in spite of the defense. When everyone is back healthy, we still have that 5-2 offense. The difference is the defense just got much better.

Ryan Fitzpatrick was on fire until London Fletcher jacked up his ribs. You obviously didn't watch the first 7 games last year. Didn't notice when Wood, Jackson and Bell were injured is the same time the offense started to struggle. And you definitely didn't see Bruce n his prime and single handily take over games and dominate the opposing teams offense. I guessed you missed that. You need to lighten up and enjoy the show in 2012.

Agreed, why can't people figure this out. Stevie Johnson said himself that "Ryan could barely even get the plays called in the huddle". I would like to see any professional football player succeed in this league with 4 fractured ribs and a cracked sternum. Give the guy a break before his injuries and critical teammate injuries he was on fire. I don't think fans understand how incredible this year is going to be. GO BILLS!!!