We got obliterated in Richmond by Gaston

The city of Richmond is a mess. State of emergency from all the rain. In some cases 14 inches in 9 hours.

I-95 was closed for a long time, and a major artery running near 95 is still closed. At one point, water over 25 feet deep was swirling around the the Shockoe Bottom area of the city.

6 people have died so far. :angry:

What a mess!

Besides local links, it's even on the front page of the USA Today. I hope I linked this correct....although the information is a little behind now, our city is a mess.

Gaston pissing on Richmond

But the power is still on...at my house....Over the past 10 months we have been without power 23 days. The town is a wreck, roads are closed, washed out, 95 shut down, people have died, and they still are looking for bodies. It took two and a half hours to make the normal 20 minute ride home last night. I drove by cars and dumpster floating down the road. I have never seen so much rain in my life.

Oh my in-laws called last week to anounce that they are experiencing monsoon season in New Mexico, three inches of rain expected this season....LOL.....nearly 12 inches last night here alone.

But the power is still on...at my house....Over the past 10 months we have been without power 23 days.  The town is a wreck, roads are closed, washed out, 95 shut down, people have died, and they still are looking for bodies.  It took two and a half hours to make the normal 20 minute ride home last night.  I drove by cars and dumpster floating down the road.  I have never seen so much rain in my life.

Oh my in-laws called last week to anounce that they are experiencing monsoon season in New Mexico, three inches of rain expected this season....LOL.....nearly 12 inches last night here alone.

13077[/snapback]

Where ya from here? I'm down in Chesterfield by the Swift Creek Resovoir. I about stevestojan myself when they said a damn was failing in Chesterfield and they were evacuating. But that was for the Falling Creek Resovoir.

But yeah, the pictures from downtown are amazing, not to mention the problems they are having at the diamond for Braves games!