game change

I saw Game Change last Saturday night, and it was entertaining. I thought Julianne Moore and Woody Harrelson were very good; Ed Harris not so much. But the movie portrayed Palin as someone who had just had a full frontal lobotomy. I believe that Palin is not the sharpest bulb in the shed, but nobody could possibly be as stupid as they made her seem (didn't know why North and South Korea are different countries, had to be taught that Germany was the primary instigator in WWI and II, etc.). And McCain was played as this kind-hearted saint that had his campaign derailed by Palin's lunacy, and in the end was fearful of crossing Palin and incurring her wrath, which is just a bit hard to swallow.

Interesting response to the movie, I left out about 2/3's of the information given after each "lie"...........just the Readers Digest version here. Read the whole thing.

Lie #9 Virtually every characteristic attributed to Palin in "Game Change" is false. They portray her as egotistical, ungracious, demanding, stupid, forgetful and, cruelest of all, mentally unstable. They do show her as a loving mother, even though they have her go into "catatonic stupors" when separated from her children. Even when they're trying to be nice they're mean. I don't know Palin personally, but I know people who do. I have never heard any stories that fit the descriptions listed above; in fact, I've heard just the opposite

Lie #7: The movie suggests Palin wanted to flee Alaska.........she still lives there today.

RealClearPolitics

#7 isn't true though; throughout Palin was shown to be obsessed with Alaska and the opinions of the people there, and possbly even homesick. And the bolded part of #9 makes me not take the rest too seriously.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

#7 isn't true though; throughout Palin was shown to be obsessed with Alaska and the opinions of the people there, and possbly even homesick. And the bolded part of #9 makes me not take the rest too seriously.

Here is the entire section regarding lie#7

Lie #7: The movie suggests Palin wanted to flee Alaska. At the 89 minute mark, Palin whispers into Schmidt's ear:

"I so don't want to go back to Alaska."

Never mind Moore's horrendous acting; the statement is ridiculous. If Palin "so" wanted to get out of Alaska, why does she still live there? And how exactly do you explain "Sarah Palin's Alaska"?

So the movie actually had that line in it, so I'm suprised that you can so casually discount that section

As to your bolded concern. . . . . . . Really?

The author of the article doesnt personally know Governor Palin so we can forget a her documented quotes and research?

Edited by B-Man