For the Russell Wilson Fans

jocap55

I think he'll be there. Too many frady-cat GM's spooked by the height issue. The question is, will Buddy pull the trigger on him, or not. Trey Wingo did another ESPN special on Wilson today. They showed footage of some of the sickest throws I have ever seen at the college level. In the interview he was chomping at the bit. All this kid wants is a shot. He doesn't want any special treatment, and he doesn't want to be given anything. Qb's on shaky ground may mind his presence in training camp. They'd be right to worry. I don't care if you sell vacuums for a living, -you don't want to compete against this kid. He's not just a gifted athlete. -He's gifted, period. He leads men. Not just with pep talks, but by example. He walks the walk, and feeds of the pressure that comes with it.

It's hard to predict what Wilson will do with this opportunity. I, for one, won't be betting against him if he makes somebody's final roster.

Yet you think 71 other players could come off the board before him!?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet you think 71 other players could come off the board before him!?

Absolutely. I think the fear factor associated with drafting a short QB will be too much for GM's to overcome. Honestly, I'd hate to put myself in their shoes. A lot of teams may also feel like they have higher priorities than taking a 5'10" 5/8 QB with an early pick. -Which they might.

Either way, third round is about right for Wilson. I don't expect the business of the NFL to change because I'm high on a certain player.