Bonnies - 1PM Sunday on CBS

bbb

As a Xavier grad, I have to congratulate the Bonnies on the board. Tied for the year at 1-1. Xavier has a chance to do big things with the inconsistent Notre Dame and then Duke who can't score or defend dynamic guards.

Best of Luck against Florida State. The Seminoles are my dark horse for the Final Four tho. They're a tough draw.

As a Xavier grad, I have to congratulate the Bonnies on the board. Tied for the year at 1-1. Xavier has a chance to do big things with the inconsistent Notre Dame and then Duke who can't score or defend dynamic guards.

Best of Luck against Florida State. The Seminoles are my dark horse for the Final Four tho. They're a tough draw.

Thanks. Yeah, we got screwed by the committee. I think because they had things pretty set, and when we upset you guys, they just slotted us into Drexel's slot. No way should the A-10 Champ be a 14 seed.

I'll be rooting for X, as I always do at tourney time, and I do think they have a good chance at another Sweet Sixteen. Love having four teams in!

For some reason, I thought you were a Bona grad, not Drexel?

How did that work with CBS. My friend was down in Raleigh and claimed he couldn't get the game and I said that it was impossible - that it was on CBS and the ACC game was on ESPN or something. I guess he was right, but I don't know how that works?

I'm from Olean, but went to Drexel.

I went to the Bona-UNCC game a couple of weeks ago. Twin brothers that are Bona grads have made it their lives' mission to recruit as many Bona grads here. They had ~200 at the game with their group. They run a charity golf tournament that draws 100+ each year and raised money for a foundation dedicated to a childhood friend that pass all too soon. They're great guys.

It was tough, but I feel more of a connection to Olean people than my school just because I spent so much of my youth at those games. When Bona beat St. Joe's in 2OT a couple of weeks ago, a bunch of 8-12 year-old kids ran on the court and I thought, "Yup, I would have done that."

BTW, Olean is a basketball Mecca right now. Both the Men's & Women's Bonaventure teams are dancing and the OHS Boys are in the NYS Final Four.

I'm from Olean, but went to Drexel.

I went to the Bona-UNCC game a couple of weeks ago. Twin brothers that are Bona grads have made it their lives' mission to recruit as many Bona grads here. They had ~200 at the game with their group. They run a charity golf tournament that draws 100+ each year and raised money for a foundation dedicated to a childhood friend that pass all too soon. They're great guys.

It was tough, but I feel more of a connection to Olean people than my school just because I spent so much of my youth at those games. When Bona beat St. Joe's in 2OT a couple of weeks ago, a bunch of 8-12 year-old kids ran on the court and I thought, "Yup, I would have done that."

BTW, Olean is a basketball Mecca right now. Both the Men's & Women's Bonaventure teams are dancing and the OHS Boys are in the NYS Final Four.

Yeah, Mark Schmidt's son is a soph starting on that Olean HS team, and they keep playing when the Bonnies have been playing, so I don't know where Mrs. Schmidt has been going.

My only game at the RC this year was that St. Joe's win - that was in the top 3 games I've ever seen!

I was talking to a Bona friend who now lives in Charlotte last year. He said they have I think a gathering at the St. Pat's Parade or something like that. He said 20 years it was a small handful of them, and now it's up to over 200 every years.

Yeah, Mark Schmidt's son is a soph starting on that Olean HS team, and they keep playing when the Bonnies have been playing, so I don't know where Mrs. Schmidt has been going.

My only game at the RC this year was that St. Joe's win - that was in the top 3 games I've ever seen!

I was talking to a Bona friend who now lives in Charlotte last year. He said they have I think a gathering at the St. Pat's Parade or something like that. He said 20 years it was a small handful of them, and now it's up to over 200 every years.

Yeah, those guys had a float in the parade. They got a bit out of hand a couple of years ago and haven't been invited back. Typical.

About 5 years ago, I was back in Olean visiting friends. We were at a church festival and I was talking to an old friend of mine who is a middle-school teacher now. A woman walked up and joined the conversation and we talked about the teachers that were at the school back when we were there. The woman talked about her kid that would now be in my friend's class. She said her goodbyes and my friend said, "Do you know who that was? She's the wife of the new Bona's coach." Small world.

Strangely enough, the Women's coach used to be the roommate of that same friend (nearly 20 years ago). Good guy, that Jim Crowley.