RB's who can go all the way...50+ yd runs

LabattBlue

As evidenced below by the top 4 RB's by yardage(with their long run of the season after their name), a RB that takes it to the house(50+ yards) usually requires the following...great blocking, sloppy tackling & some defensive players caught out of position. For those who think that WM will not be back until he can break the long one, consider the 1200+ attempts combined by the 4 backs listed below and see that the longest run between them is 44 yards. WM's combination of speed and power is awesome and without seeing a stat to back it up, I have to believe his yards gained after contact are outstanding. I would take this combination of speed and power over a RB who has more speed, but cannot break the tackles and gain the extra yard. I think continued improvement in the OL for 2005, plus WM getting a year of experience under his belt, will lead to a 1500+ yard season next year.

I never thought WM would accomplish this much in 2004. I can only hope that Rosenhaus doesn't start meddling and WM has a long career in Buffalo.

1 Shaun Alexander 44

2 Edgerrin James 40

3 Curtis Martin 25

4 Corey Dillon 44