Buddy is so cunning!

Kaenon

He was so effective in those first 5 games the Bills defense yielded only 2,109 yards or 422 per game. If anything, the defense improved from Game 6-16 when they allowed 348.1 yards per game and he was again on the sidelines.

This concept that Merriman helped in ways not quantifiable is really reaching. For the money he was paid, he didn't do anything and his contract prevents the team from spending elsewhere.

As far as the money he got paid you're right. He didn't earn it. But to hand out statistics like you and to say the defense got better from game 6 to 16 is insane. What's stats compared to wins and losses. Merriman contributed to a couple of wins even though there are no stats to prove it. All you can do is watch film and see he was being doubled in week 1 and 2 then after week three he started losing a pep in his step.

There are also other ways a player can contribute. By being a leader. The way he was huddling the team up before games and getting them ready was something I haven't seen in the Bills in a very long time. Ray Lewis can have his teammates play better even when he's not on the field. You always need leadership. Especially amongst your peers. It's one thing to prove to a coach you're worth being on the field but its another thing to show your teammates that you're worth sharing the same field.

All in all? Whether you like merriman or not, this is his last year anyway. I for one hope he doesn't get cut and stays healthy and shows all the non believers what he's made of. Worst case scenario? He gets injured for the season and the Merriman talks will be put to rest next year.

As far as the money he got paid you're right. He didn't earn it. But to hand out statistics like you and to say the defense got better from game 6 to 16 is insane. What's stats compared to wins and losses. Merriman contributed to a couple of wins even though there are no stats to prove it. All you can do is watch film and see he was being doubled in week 1 and 2 then after week three he started losing a pep in his step.

There are also other ways a player can contribute. By being a leader. The way he was huddling the team up before games and getting them ready was something I haven't seen in the Bills in a very long time. Ray Lewis can have his teammates play better even when he's not on the field. You always need leadership. Especially amongst your peers. It's one thing to prove to a coach you're worth being on the field but its another thing to show your teammates that you're worth sharing the same field.

All in all? Whether you like merriman or not, this is his last year anyway. I for one hope he doesn't get cut and stays healthy and shows all the non believers what he's made of. Worst case scenario? He gets injured for the season and the Merriman talks will be put to rest next year.

:beer: