Sam Adams on ESPN Radio

Alaska Darin

First off, WOW. Not the voice I expected from the most dominant interior player in the NFL. He sounds like he's 5'10" 180 pounds. He could have a career in the booth when he decideds to stop devastating offensive backfields. VERY well spoken.

Talked glowingly of the coaching staff, especially Jerry Gray and feels that despite being fairly new at their positions are as good as any he's been around. Says that he's doing what's charted for him in the "schematic" of the defense (his words) and that its a priviledge to play with guys like Fletch, TKO, TV, and LM. The aggressiveness of those players is what makes this defense special. Tough to argue that.

First off, WOW.  Not the voice I expected from the most dominant interior player in the NFL.  He sounds like he's 5'10" 180 pounds.  He could have a career in the booth when he decideds to stop devastating offensive backfields.  VERY well spoken.

Talked glowingly of the coaching staff, especially Jerry Gray and feels that despite being fairly new at their positions are as good as any he's been around.  Says that he's doing what's charted for him in the "schematic" of the defense (his words) and that its a priviledge to play with guys like Fletch, TKO, TV, and LM.  The aggressiveness of those players is what makes this defense special.  Tough to argue that.

179203[/snapback]

That D can get downright nasty. I think the D WILL be dominant when it decides it wants to be.

First off, WOW.  Not the voice I expected from the most dominant interior player in the NFL.  He sounds like he's 5'10" 180 pounds.  He could have a career in the booth when he decideds to stop devastating offensive backfields.  VERY well spoken.

Talked glowingly of the coaching staff, especially Jerry Gray and feels that despite being fairly new at their positions are as good as any he's been around.  Says that he's doing what's charted for him in the "schematic" of the defense (his words) and that its a priviledge to play with guys like Fletch, TKO, TV, and LM.  The aggressiveness of those players is what makes this defense special.  Tough to argue that.

179203[/snapback]

How good did the defense play today? I take it Vincent was at free safety... I wouldn't know because I don't remember his name being called. San Fran never got that far! What a defense!

179203[/snapback]

Ad one thing I noticed about Sam is that he has picked it up a notch and I believe it was after the flair up on sidelines with MM and Grey. These coaches get the message across to the players without pissing them off, I had a swim coach like that would piss ya off so much you would work so hard hoping to die so he could be blamed for it.

Ad one thing I noticed about Sam is that he has picked it up a notch and I believe it was after the flair up on sidelines with MM and Grey.  These coaches get the message across to the players without pissing them off, I had a swim coach like that would piss ya off so much you would work so hard hoping to die so he could be blamed for it.

179224[/snapback]

Full marks to the staff for not only dealing with the problem (sit on the bench and rest awhile, big fella) but in noticing that big Sam was correct and utilizing his (and by proxy Pat Williams') skills in a much more beneficial fashion.

Full marks to the staff for not only dealing with the problem (sit on the bench and rest awhile, big fella) but in noticing that big Sam was correct and utilizing his (and by proxy Pat Williams') skills in a much more beneficial fashion.

179237[/snapback]

The sign of a good coach is also one who listens to his player with suggestions about how they can be better. But sitting him down and cooling him down and than sending back in said hey guys their is a right way and wrong way to make "suggestions"